Chapter Forty Five

Yoongi's POV

When Jimin's mom was done making dinner, she walked into the living room with Jimin and I. She wore loose black slacks and a more formal, white shirt. She was dressed as if had gone to work. She must be that type. Her hair was in a messy bun which made her seem more approachable than she would with it in a tight clean bun.

"Jimin, Yoongi. Dinner is ready." She said my name a bit harsher than she did Jimin's. Jimin looked towards me nervously before getting up and walking towards the other room. I followed. I can feel nerves kick in when I walk into what appeared to be their dining room. Jimin's mom was standing next to the table. "Jimin you sit here." She motioned towards a seat on one side of the table that was closer the chair she was standing behind. "Yoongi...you sit there." She pointed to a chair that was not close to either her chair or Jimin's. Jimin rolls his eyes.

"Mom..." Jimin begins to whine but his mom stops him by holding up a finger. We all sit down. I don't think I have ever been in a room this tense before. Sure some have come close, but I could literally feel the holes this lady was glaring into me. Despite what Jimin said, I could tell she was not very supportive. I then remember the gift.

"Oh, Ms. Park. I uh, brought you a gift." I placed the small bag on the table. I had just gotten her some run of the mill chocolate and some flowers. I just hope she isn't allergic to chocolate or something. That would be my luck. She grabbed the small bag and weakly smiled towards me then got up to put it in the other room. Maybe I should have asked Jimin what to of gotten her. I make a glance in his direction. He makes a raising eyebrow motion while his eyes slightly roll in reference to his mom. She returns to the room.

"Thank you Yoongi." That seemed to have taken the edge off a little bit. We start to eat dinner. Conversation is minimal and usually just between Jimin and his mom. I tried to make as little eye contact and stared at my food until my name was addressed.

"So, Yoongi. What do your parents think about you being a homosexual?" My stomach begins to tie in knots. I look over at Jimin to see him making motions with his hand to his mom for her to stop talking.

"No no, Jimin, it's fine. U-uh..." I look towards Jimin's mom. She seems a little more intrigued now. "My father passed away a few years ago and my mom disappeared shortly after." His mom shifted in her chair looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Yet you're still in school?" I nod.

"My dad had always told me that all he ever wanted in life was to see his son grow up to be a strong independent man, and that I needed to school to do that. After he passed I still made sure I went to school to hopefully make him proud." Jimin stares in awe at me. His mom on the other hand just retorts.

"Don't you think messing around with other boys would defeat the purpose?" Jimin slams his hands down on the table.

"Mom!" Her head turns sharply towards Jimin.

"Don't take that tone with me. We have guests." Jimin scoffs then sits back in his chair pouting. He looks so cute when he pouts. I turn my head back to his mom.

"Well, I u-uh believe that my dad would have just wanted me to be happy and would look past that." She half rolls her eyes and sits back in her chair.

"Can I u-uh use your bathroom?" Not only is the air pretty thick in here, but my stomach is in so many knots.

"It's the second door to the left," Jimin says pointing to the doorway. I take no time to leave the room.

When I leave the bathroom I pause before entering, attempting to slow my heart rate. While standing there I hear voices.

"Jimin, not only are you wanting to be with another boy but one that also has no money and no family. Why can't I set you up with a lovely girl who comes from a rich family? You would be set for life." My stomach drops a little while I await Jimin's response.

"Because I don't care about things like that. I want to be with someone who cares about me, who would always stand by me, someone who I know I could trust. The fact that, that person happens to be a boy is irrelevant. I don't care that he doesn't come from money, it doesn't matter, I still know he would do anything for me." My heart flutters.

"But he has no parents. What if his mother left him for a reason? I'm just trying to look out for you." I'll admit, that stung a little. What if there was a reason? I never thought about that.

"You're not trying to look out for me, you are just trying to make me the son you think I should be. Well news flash, I'm not. Yoongi's mom left because she thought she was left with nothing when she didn't realize she had everything left. You will have to learn to love me for all my choices and decisions. Please mom, try to learn to like Yoongi. He is really sweet." I make noises with my feet attempting to make it sound like I've just started to walk down the hall. I walk into the room smile towards Jimin and his mom, then sit down quietly.

"Yoongi..." I look up towards Jimin's mom. "I'm sorry. I have been rude. While I don't fully understand you two, I want what is best for Jimin and apparently what's best for him seems to be you. So, take care of Jimin for me." I smile fondly towards her.

"I will. I promise."