Chapter Fifty Four

Jimin's POV

It's not that I don't want to tell Yoongi. I want to tell him more than anything. I want him to hug me and keep me safe, but I can't. It all started about a few weeks ago. I was a little late to one of my classes and I bumped into the only person I didn't want to ever bump into. Jackson.

Flashback

"Look who we have here. The carrot-haired fag himself." I tried my best to walk around him to get to class. Instead, he pushed my stuff to the ground and shoved me against the lockers. "Don't ignore me, carrot. You hiding something? Words going around that you are quite fit. Shall we test this rumor?" I try to run away but he grabs the collar of my shirt and pulled me to his chest. With one arm he pinned my arms, with the other he attempted to raise my shirt. How did he find out? Why does he care if I have abs or not? I grabbed it and pulled it down while bending forward.

"I'm going to tell Yoongi about this and he'll beat you up." Jackson didn't stop.

"You really want that carrot? If I find out you told him I'll beat you up next time you are alone which you have to be at some point. Yoongi can't hang around you 24/7. And if Yoongi beats me up hard enough, he will be expelled from school and do you really want that? Every time he has ever done something bad enough to get punished for, he either claims innocence or flees the scene. I'm sure the school is dying to catch him in the act so they can expel him." he said with a smirk. He chuckled evilly when I didn't respond. Without warning, he threw me against the lockers again causing me to bump my head really hard.

"See ya later carrot." I gathered my stuff and head to my class quickly. Thankfully my hair covered up the large bump forming on my head.

End of flashback

I walk home with my head low. I wipe a few leftover tears. I wanted to tell Yoongi but telling him will only make everything worse. I get home, lock myself in my room and sleep.

Two weeks had passed. Yoongi continued to ask me what was going on every time I showed up to class with a bruise, red mark, or cut. Jackson's attacks had gotten progressively worse. He doesn't even stay around, he just shoves me into my locker without me seeing him. I got a bruise from that on my temple the other day. Bruises on my face don't help. When I get home I hold ice on them and if they don't disappear by the next day I put makeup on them to cover them up.

I sit at our normal table during lunch. It's gotten a bit tenser due to me not really talking to anyone anymore. This has been putting a strain on Yoongi and mine's relationship. I just don't feel as comfortable around him anymore. He continuously brings up this subject which I don't want to talk about. I just don't want to bring him into my mess. We have started to message less and not hang out after school as often since we don't really talk much. Yoongi still texts me good morning and goodnight every day, but that is the extent of us talking. After a couple weeks of trying, Yoongi stopped bringing it up. He must have finally realized it won't help. That's when Yoongi suddenly snaps, breaking the silence at the table.

"Jimin, please tell me who is doing this." First time in a little while he has said anything to me. I turn and snap back at him.

"Why? Do you think I can't handle this on my own?" Yoongi raised his eyebrows at me.

"Jimin, I know you can't handle this on your own. You've said yourself, no one should have to go through this kind of stuff alone." I let my head hang low. I want to tell Yoongi, but I can't. Everyone at the table stares silently at me, the mood got even tenser. "You keeping this to yourself is just making me hurt. I care about you so much Jimin, I just want to keep you safe. But, I can't without you telling me who is hurting you." The table remains quiet. The rest of the guys have separately asked me what's going on, but now they think of this as something between me and Yoongi, so they don't bring it up a lot. At least one person from the table tries to be near me at all times to keep people away. It has helped a little bit, but as Jackson has said, I have to be alone at some point.

"I'm sorry Yoongi, I just can't." I get up and storm off. I walk through the hallways hoping to get to my next class early. Thankfully, Yoongi doesn't follow. I just want to be alone right now.

"Well well well, carrot can keep a secret." I continue walking, though my stomach is flipping in terror.

"Now is not the time." Jackson shoves me against the lockers.

"Do you really think I care at all about your time?" He grabs the collar of my shirt and the handle of my backpack and throws me into the ground. I can't help but start to wish Yoongi did follow me. I can't help but start to cry, this is too much for me. In efforts to make everything better, I have just made it worse. I've not only pushed all my friends away and created tension, but I've distanced myself from Yoongi.

"Jackson, just leave me alone!" Jackson delivers a kick to my side as I curl into a ball. Something in me tells me I deserve this, that this is punishment. He pulls his leg back to kick again when I hear a faint voice.

"Oh, fuck no." I hear footsteps approach, Jackson looks up and is then knocked backward. I see faded mint hair but at this point, my eyes are full of tears I could be seeing things. I get up and wipe my eyes revealing Yoongi about to slam Jackson into the lockers. I get up and run towards the two. Jackson is pushed face first into the lockers with so much force, the sound echoes through the hallway like a gunshot. I grab Yoongi's shoulders and try to pull him off of Jackson. Yoongi grabs Jackson's collar and pulls him into a rough punch delivered to the side of his temple. In doing this Yoongi stepped back a little pushing me backward with his back. "Jiminie, what are you doing?" Jackson responds first.

"Yeah, tell him, carrot." Yoongi slams him into the locker again.

"Only I can call him that." I continue to choke back tears.

"Yoongi, you'll be expelled if you hurt him." Yoongi acts stunned.

"I don't care! He needs to get what's coming to him!" Yoongi turns to punch Jackson. I pull Yoongi again, this time successfully pulling him off of Jackson.

"I do! I don't want to be the reason you got expelled from school, Yoongi. That's why I didn't tell you." Yoongi looks into my eyes and I watch as the anger and tension in his face begin to melt away. He sighs. Yoongi grabs my hands and laces them with his. His knuckles are now red and bruising from punching Jackson, that doesn't seem to bother him though.

"Jiminie, you need to tell me about stuff like this. You shouldn't keep this stuff to yourself. If someone is bullying you, you should tell someone, if not me. Pushing people away doesn't help, trust me. If it really means that much to you, I won't break his limbs and stuff him in the lockers." He turns towards Jackson. "But if this continues, then breaking won't be the only thing that happens to you. Don't think this will go unpunished, either. You will get it, just not from me." With every word Yoongi stepped closer to Jackson, causing him to back up. Jackson has a cut on his temple that I can tell will be a pretty nasty bruise and a busted lip from when Yoongi punched him the first time. Yoongi turns back to me. He smirks and puts his arm around my waist and walks me to pick up all my things then slowly back to class. My ribs ache from where Jackson kicked me. Before I go into my class I turn to Yoongi.

"Who is going to hurt him?" Yoongi smiles.

"I'm going to tell Jin Hyung."