Chapter Thirty Nine

Jimin's POV

I run into the hallway breaking out into quick sobs. I can still feel the sting on my face from where my mom hit me. The words from the night before echo through my head.

Flashback

"What.was.that.Jimin?" I stood in embarrassment.

"That was Yoongi." I fake innocence, acting like nothing happened. My mom looks at me in amusement.

"Does that boy like you, Jimin?" I pause before responding.

"I think so." She already has a question to follow.

"Do you like that boy, Jimin?" I pause again before answering.

"I think so." Immediately after hearing that, my mom slapped me across the face. I stumble back in shock. "M-mom." I stutter, tears forming in my eyes.

"You're a boy! Boys don't date other boys! It's disgusting! I didn't raise my son to be a homosexual! You are a disgrace to our family. Your father wouldn't even want a disgrace like you. " She leaves the room. I don't remain there for a second longer than after she left. I grab my stuff, running up to my room. Tears start spilling down my face. That night, I cried myself to sleep. The words echoed over and over. "You are a disgrace to our family..." I let out a stifled sob. "Your father wouldn't even want a disgrace like you..." I yell into my pillow.

End of Flashback

I make my way into an empty part of the hallway. I collapse to the floor sobbing. I hugged my knees to my chest. My heart aches. Why can't I be normal? Why do I have to ruin things more than they already are? I've heard worse before but coming from my own mother amplifies it. I hear footsteps echo through the hallway. I feel two warm arms around me.

"Jimin." His voice was soft and deep. I look up at the mint haired boy whose eyes were deep and filled with worry. "Please tell me what's wrong." My legs move from my chest and I choke back a heavy sob as Yoongi pulls me to his chest embracing me. I accidentally let out a few sobs.

"S-she hit me." I manage to stutter. Yoongi pulls away and brushes the side of my face.

"Who?" I look at Yoongi's face noticing how beautiful it is. His skin is soft and spotless. His lips are also light pink and smooth. I can't see a flaw on this mint haired boy's face. I can't let him go just because my mom, who never showed a speck of love and affection towards me, till now thinks that love is wrong.

"My mom. She saw us when you walked me home. She hit me for liking a boy." Yoongi's face turns a lighter shade of pink. His eyes fill with sorrow.

"I'm sorry Jimin. I didn't mean to cause this." His grip around me loosens. Does he think this is his fault? Yoongi looks like he was about to stand up. Before he could do so, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him into a kiss. He leans closer to deepen the kiss. I snake my arms around his neck, my stomach erupting with butterflies. Our lips fit together perfectly. Why would I ever get rid of this? After a few seconds Yoongi pulls away. He wipes my tears from my face, still remaining close to me. "What about your mom? I don't want to ruin your life." Another tear falls from my face. I chuckle.

"My life has been ruined. My mom has been inactive from my life since I was a kid. I shouldn't even care what she thinks about us. I know what I think and what I feel. I know I would never give you up." Yoongi smiles and stands helping me up. He laces his fingers with mine, holding my hand as we walk back to class. We get to the door and Yoongi turns towards me letting go of my hand.

"You're okay now, right?" I nod with a faint hearted smile. Yoongi smiles back and puts his arm around my shoulder as we walk into class. My face immediately blushes as the classes focus turns towards me and the so called "bully" of the school, with his arm around me as we walk back to our desks.