Chapter Sixty One

Yoongi's POV

What was Jimin's problem? My mom came back, I finally can be a normal kid. What's so bad about that? Why can't he just be happy for me? It's not like I can control what my mom has me do anyway. She would leave me again if I didn't do what she wants. It's not that I want to marry this girl, I don't even know her I just don't want to disappoint my mom. Every time I see Jimin, it has just been a reminder of before my mom came back. That happiness versus the happiness that having a family brings. I don't know which to choose. The two are very different. I can be myself around Jimin, I feel like a better person when he is around. I'm reminded of how far I've come when I'm around him. With my mom I'm remember my past. My younger years had been the best years. I remember the true bliss of when I had not a care in the world, when my dad was still alive. I just want to finally have a family, I don't want to be alone anymore. I stood over by the window and looked out at the busy street. I saw my mom approach the building. She stopped when her phone ringed and started talking. I decided to meet her downstairs. I head down to the lobby and I was about to approach her when I heard her speak.

"Just a month left. I'll finally have money again." The person on the other line spoke before my mom spoke again. "How else, the kid. Why do you think I came back to this crummy town? Do you know how much money I could make? Their family is loaded." My stomach started to turn. Anxiety started to fill my body. I rushed back up to my apartment before she could see me. I close the door and try to catch my breath. I ran my fingers through my hair and tugged a bit. How could I be so stupid? All the signs were there, Jimin even knew. She came back all of a sudden just so she could set me up in an arranged marriage that I didn't even want to be a part of just so she could get money. Worst of all, I let her... and pushed Jimin away in the process. Jimin, the only person who has consistently always been there for me, I pushed away. I've been such a jerk. The world started spinning. Suddenly the door opened.

"Hello sweetie, I talked it over with her father and the date is set for a month from tomorrow. That should give us plenty of time to form details." I finally have the courage to say it.

"No." She turns around and faces me.

"What?" I walk closer to her.

"I said no. And while you're at it, get out of my apartment." She glared toward me.

"What's gotten into you?" I slam my hand on the wall. All of the emotions I had been holding in for the past month came out. All of the thoughts and feelings I didn't want to burden anyone with came out in the form of anger.

"The fucking truth. I heard you on the goddamn phone. You don't care about me at all, this has all been a fucking game." Her face started to pinken.

"Sweetie..." I swipe the lamp off of the table closest to me.

"Don't call me that! You don't deserve to call me that! This whole fucking time I thought I'd finally have a family again. I thought you actually had come back for me. I did everything I could to hopefully have my mother back and it was a whole fucking lie. Worst of all, someone saw through you." My voice got quieter. "Someone so very special to me saw through your petty lie and I didn't believe them. I pushed them away because I didn't want to believe that you hadn't changed. Now get out of my apartment before I throw you out." She knew she was caught in that web of lies. She gathered her stuff and left, hopefully for good. I took a few breaths. The deafening silence that hung in the air. It filled me with rage and anger. How could I have been so stupid? I kicked the coffee table in the center of the room. I grabbed a pillow that was on the couch and threw it at the window. I saw my reflection in the exposed glass. Look at yourself Yoongi. You threw everything away. Jimin is mad at you and won't want to see you again. You let someone change you. You dyed your hair black for fuck sake. You're such an idiot. He's been right this whole time and you pushed him and all your friends away.