Chapter Fifty Seven

Jimin's POV (time later)

I'm in the middle of finishing my homework in class when the teacher taps my desk. I look up at my teacher, she leans towards me.

"Jimin, the office called, you need to go the main office. You won't be back before class ends so take your stuff." I nod and gather my stuff, putting it in my backpack. I walk through the quiet, empty hallway till I get into the office. I'm met by the lady at the front desk.

"Park Jimin?" I nod. She smiles. "The counselor will be with you in a few minutes, you can sit there." She gestures towards an empty seat. I sit down. Though the chair is padded, it's stiff and uncomfortable. I pull out my phone and find something to entertain myself. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a lady wearing black heels walk in, up to the front desk lady.

"H-hello, do you have access to the school directory." I continue scrolling through my phone.

"Um, yes. What do you need?" I try to pay attention to my phone rather than the woman speaking to the front desk lady.

"Is Min Yoongi enrolled at this school?" My thumb stops, my eyes widened. Min Yoongi? I look up at the lady. She is thin framed and short, despite her wearing heels. She has shoulder length black hair. I can't see her face from where I'm sitting.

"Why do you need to know?" She wears a knee length black skirt and a white blouse.

"I'm his mother, I have been gone for a while. I was wondering if he still attended school here." My heart dropped into my stomach and my lungs felt like they were in my throat. Yoongi's mom? I stood up.

"You're Yoongi's mom?" The lady turns and faces me. Her face resembled Yoongi's but her features were softer and more feminine.

"You know Yoongi?" I felt my heart race as she looked towards me. Never would I have thought to be the one to face Yoongi's mom. The mom who abandoned him in his freshman year after his dad died and decided to come back close to the end of his junior year.

"Yeah, I'm his bo-best friend." Her face lights up.

"Wonderful. What's your name?" Something about her tone of speech seems fake.

"I'm Park Jimin." She smiles again.

"So Yoongi still goes here?" I nod slowly. "Oh wonderful, could you take me to his class?" My stomach churns. Everything about this situation feels wrong.

"With all due respect, I don't think Yoongi would want me to do that. I'd feel like I'm meddling." Her eyes narrow a bit. I could tell that was not the answer she wanted.

"But I'm his mother." I wanted to flip my shit then and there. This woman claiming to be his mother, what kind of mother abandons her child to fend for himself? Before I could speak another voice chimed in.

"Park Jimin, can I see you in my office?" I bow to the lady and walk towards my counselor. He leads me into his office and I'm finally able to breathe. I'm glad I got out of that situation.

When I left, it was indeed my next class. Yoongi's mom also was no longer there. Thank god. My last class, Yoongi was in. How on earth was I going to tell him this?

I sat in my spot with my hands on my desk. What would Yoongi's reaction even be? I watch him walk into the room and head towards me. The smile he wore faded when he looked at my face.

"Jiminie, what's wrong. Your face looks pale." He holds my hands that are on the desk. His hands are warm and soothing. What does his mom even want?

"I-uh." I ramble "I was in the office today, and a lady came in. She uh- asked if you went to school here." Yoongi looked at me confused.

"Me?" I nod my head and continue. I could see the uneasiness on Yoongi's face.

"She uh- said she was your mom." Yoongi let go of my hands and stepped away from my desk a bit.

"What?" Yoongi lets out a panicky laugh. "No, you're lying to me." He steps closer to my desk. "P-please tell me you're lying." His voice breaks a bit as he speaks, almost as if he was close to crying. I shake my head. He takes a few breaths than sits down in his seat and doesn't speak. After a bit of silence, I speak.

"What are you going to do?" Yoongi's eyes didn't leave the desk.

"She doesn't know where I live, I'm going to avoid her till she leaves again. She has proven to not be of any significance in my life so why would I care what she has to say." I set my hand on Yoongi's shoulder.

"You are okay, right? Did I do the right thing to tell you?" Yoongi smiles out of the corner of his mouth.

"Yeah, don't worry Jiminie." Despite his words, I still felt like there was definitely something to worry about.

(A/N: I don't know if this is a bad time to mention it...but I have posted a new story to my account called 'You're My Drug'. It is also a Yoonmin story and I would be so happy if you would check it out.)
https://my.w.tt/EEWvUApFZT