Chapter Thirty Seven

Jimin's POV

We finished dinner and decided to take a walk through a nearby park.

"Will you tell me about you, now?" Yoongi began to look uncomfortable.

"Not yet." I sigh. The entire evening he continues to avoid talking about himself. We walk down the sidewalk. A few minutes of silence passes as the sun starts to set. Yoongi sighs. "If I tell you, will you promise not to make fun of me, or leave me?" I turn to look at Yoongi, his gaze remains on the ground as he walks. Silence hangs between us. I can sense the tension in him. "If I tell you about my childhood." I immediately respond.

"Yoongi, I would never make fun of you, why would I leave you either." Yoongi doesn't look up.

"Everyone else did." Yoongi says quietly.

"I'm not like everyone else, Yoongi." He chuckles a bit.

"People would use my past against me or pity me for it. I eventually got tired of it and didn't tell anyone else what happened." I brush my hand against his arm.

"I wouldn't do that Yoongi. Namjoon and Hobi wouldn't have either, they are real friends and care about you." He nods but keeps his eyes on the ground. We continue walking in silence before Yoongi speaks.

"I had a pretty nice childhood I guess. I was a pretty bright kid, I worked hard in school, I had a lot of friends..." Yoongi chuckled. "I was also a bit of a book nerd. I was actually friends with Hosoek and Namjoon for a long time. High school started, I was making good grades, having a great time when my dad past away." My heart felt like it dropped.

"Yoongi I..." He held up his hand stopping me as he continued.

"As if I wasn't going through enough grief, my mother left me a few months later. It was all just too much for her to deal with. She hadn't ever worked a day in her life. It was my dad who paid for everything. I assume she got remarried and left her teenage son who she neglected all of his life to fend for himself. I thankfully had the common sense to get a job to pay for food and shelter. I didn't want to tell Hosoek or Namjoon because I hate having people feel pity for me. I didn't want them to treat me like a beaten puppy that's owner cast it aside. So I kept it to myself. But with keeping things to yourself, I soon became depressed and distant, I felt like I had to take my anger out on others. Hobi and Namjoon still stuck by me for part of it, once I became influenced by drugs and alcohol and very aggressive, they tried to intervene which only made me angry. So I pushed them away, it was another form of pity I didn't want. I wanted everyone to feel the pain I was feeling. It was how I coped with it all I guess..." His voice trailed off. "I'm sorry Jimin." I turn towards Yoongi, he wipes a tear from his face. I myself was already close to tears. That is so much for a kid to deal with.

"For what?" He ruffles up his hair.

"For bullying you so much." I lean closer to Yoongi.

"It's okay Yoongi, you're different now." I pause for a second. "Thank you for telling me. I know it must have been hard for you." I watch Yoongi smile out of the corner of his mouth.

"Why are you so good to me, Jimin? Even after I've shoved you, pushed you, and bullied you almost every day?" I sigh.

"Because something was different about you. I knew there had to of been some reason for all of it. I'm glad I was able to help you cope a bit, even if it meant a few bruises. It's all worth it to see you have changed now." Yoongi looks towards me and leans in kissing my cheek.

"I never told you, but you have an amazing gift for singing. I was too much of a jerk to tell you back then." I feel my face blush. He really did like it when we did that project?

"Thank you, Hyung." He smiles back at me.

"It is getting pretty late, I can walk you home." We walk out of the park and I lead the way towards my house.

"Will you be okay walking home alone?" Yoongi chuckles as he nods. We walk in almost silence until we get to my house. Yoongi turns towards me.

"Jimin, I wanted to say thank you." I meet Yoongi's eyes.

"For what?" His eyes look back down to his feet.

"For listening to me, for being so caring and thoughtful towards me though I've been an ass." I smile towards Yoongi.

"I'm always happy to, Yoongi." There is a pause between us before Yoongi leans in and kisses my cheek. I feel my face heat up. He never fails to make my heart race.

"Bye Jimin. See you tomorrow." Yoongi turns and walks down the sidewalk. I walk up to my door and open it, immediately greeted by a familiar voice.

"What.was.that.Jimin?" I turn to face my mother as my face starts to heat up.