Chapter Sixty Three

Jimin's POV

Around six years have passed since high school. Yoongi and I were able to attend the same performing arts college though we had different majors. I was more about the singing and dancing when Yoongi stuck to composing and rapping. Regardless of how busy we were, we still made time for each other. We did have some fights along the way, usually caused by stress or miscommunication, but we were able to work through them. Namjin is still holding strong, the two usually don't fight at all because they are still mature about everything...and because Namjoon doesn't want to be on Jin's bad side. After high school, Tae and Kookie ended up breaking up because they were going to be attending different colleges and knew how hard a long distance relationship would be. Everyone in the friend group was so upset when they had told us, especially me. I've shipped them since high school and I could tell that, though it was a mutual decision, neither of them could bare to be away from each other. Once everyone had a holiday from college, we had decided to meet up to 'get the gang back together.' Which just ended up with us all spending the day in the cafe Jin had worked at and that Yoongi and I used to go to for our dates. It was a bit awkward at the beginning between Tae and Kookie since they hadn't talked in a while, but it soon got more comfortable. We had noticed at some point Tae and Kookie disappeared. When Yoongi looked for them in the bathroom, he caught them making out. The two were really embarrassed when they returned to the table and Yoongi told us what they were up to. Yoongi told me if he had been a minute later, that he would have walked in on them fucking, which is not something Yoongi wanted to see. After that, they got back together. They realized how torturous it was to be apart from each other and attempt to date other people. I was happy, I can tell how much they like each other. Hobi has dated a few girls since high school, but none of them have lasted very long. He is pretty content on his own though. After we graduated college, Yoongi and I bought a larger apartment that we live in together. Yoongi has been perusing music and works for a record company that he writes and produces music for. Namjoon also works closely with Yoongi. The two of them sometimes ask Tae, Hobi, Kookie, Jin, and I for help on certain vocal and rap parts that they compose. Tae and Jin are the only ones who has strayed from the rest of us career wise. Tae is a photographer, but he still loves to sing. He had us all participate in a photo shoot at one point. It wasn't exactly Yoongi's forte, but I liked taking couplie photos together. I have been working as a dance instructor and competing in competitions. Jin owns a couple restaurants in Seoul. He has created a lot of the menus and helps train most of the employees. Hobi and Kookie both work at the same studio with me. It definitely makes work more fun. Especially when I have to be away from Yoongi for competitions, having friends helps me not feel as lonely.

Recently, Yoongi and I have each been extremely busy with work. For the past few weeks, I had been staying late at the studio with Hobi and Kookie preparing for a competition. We went to the competition yesterday and did really well so now things should be slowing down a bit. Yoongi had also been pulling all-nighters at his studio with Namjoon trying to get some songs completed before the due date they promised. I'll have to admit, sleeping without Yoongi has been hard. I'm used to having him to curl up next to. Yoongi usually comes home late at night, if at all, and then leaves late morning. I usually get home mid-evening and have to leave early in the morning. I usually end up falling asleep before I can even say hello to him. Both of our time consuming projects have been coming to a close, so hopefully, we will be able to spend more time together. Tonight is the first time in a while we will be able to spend a significant amount of time together. We both took time away from work because it's the  anniversary of when we first started dating. I'd be lying if I said that I haven't been looking forward to today since last month. Yoongi is taking me out to a fancy restaurant. He said he finished all of his work for today, last night so he could sleep during part of the day and be awake for our dinner. I decided that while Yoongi slept, I would run errands and then spend the rest of the afternoon at home.

I arrive home with bags from the grocery store, and some other stuff I picked up during my errands. The apartment seemed empty when walking in, so I assume Yoongi is still asleep. I put down my stuff and walk towards me and Yoongi's room to see if he is there. Sure enough, he is fast asleep. I go to shut the door when I hear Yoongi speak.

"Jiminie?" I hear him faintly mumble. I walk further into the room.

"Yes?" I whisper just in case he is just dreaming.

"Come here." I walk closer to the bed, still unsure whether Yoongi is awake or not. Yoongi usually doesn't sleep talk but he is usually really grouchy when he wakes up. I place my hands on the bed and lean closer to Yoongi.

"Yes, Yoongi?" He sits up. The suddenness startles me a bit.

"Good morning," Yoongi says rubbing his face and stretching a bit. I look at him amused.

"Good afternoon you mean?" Yoongi looks towards the clock on our bedside table that reads 3:45.

"Oh...yeah." Yoongi chuckles. He reaches for my hand that's on the bed and laces our fingers. He brings my hand to his face and kisses it softly. "Happy anniversary Jiminie." I lean in and peck Yoongi's lips.

"Happy anniversary Yoongi." Before any more words are exchanged, Yoongi pulls me on the bed with him. I laugh at the action. Yoongi pulls me close to him as I nestle myself against his chest. His smell immediately brings me the comfort I have missed for these past few weeks.

"Can we just sleep for a while?" I chuckle again. It's so Yoongi to want to just sleep our anniversary away.

"Only till our reservation tonight. Don't forget." Yoongi chuckled lightly.

"Trust me, there is no way I'd forget." Yoongi kisses my forehead as we both drift into deep sleep.

(A/N: I'd like to dedicate the next couple of chapters I have left to @superdepressedjedi and staysup_toolate they are two of my close friends who have never failed to support me and read my chapters as soon as I post. I recommend checking out some of their stories as well. staysup_toolate for a great Phan story and a future Taekook story, and @superdepressedjedi for a BTS scenarios book that makes me laugh really hard. This isn't the last of the dedications I will be giving, but I wanted to start off with them.)