Chapter Fifty Three

Yoongi's POV

A few weeks went by. Jimin has been getting really suspicious since a few days ago. He left class to get water and came back with a busted lip. No matter how much I questioned him, he continued to say he slipped and hit his lip on the water fountain. I don't buy it. Something is going on but I don't know what.

Jimin came over to my house for the evening. Today he has a bruise developing on his jaw and his arm is really red. I'm going to confront him about it at some point. What if his mom is hurting him or worse, someone at school. We sat on my couch. Jimin laid with his head against my chest as my arm was wrapped around his waist. I decide that it's now or never.

"Jiminie?" Jimin responds gently.

"Yes hyung?" My stomach twists and turns. I'm not only afraid of the answer, but outraged by whatever the cause is.

"What's going on?" Jimin turns towards me.

"What do you mean?" I roll my eyes and then poke the bruise on his jaw.

"This." He jumps and holds his jaw. "Jimin, you seem to have a new cut or bruise as soon as the last heals. Please tell me what's going on." Jimin's face turns red.

"I'm just really clumsy, that's all." I look at Jimin blankly.

"Jimin, I'm not stupid. You don't just all of a sudden start getting bruises everywhere unless someone else is causing them. This red mark on your arm, I'm almost certain was caused by someone's hand gripping your arm. Who is hurting you Jiminie?" Jimin's eyes fill with fear and sadness but he remains quiet as he turns back to the television. He is ignoring my questions now? I lean in a kiss the bruise on his jaw, then I hold his arm up to my face and kiss the red markings as well. "Jimin, all I want is to protect you. Please let me." I watch as a tear runs down Jimin's face. He gets up from the couch and leaves without another word. I know running after him won't help, if he won't tell me now, running after him will only drive him further away. I yell to him before he disappears into the semi-darkness. "Get home safe, Jiminie."

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter. I hope I also established a good amount of time going by. Can you feel the storm coming? ;) The story gets spicy. ;)