Chapter Forty

Yoongi's POV

After returning to class, Jimin seemed to feel better. Though he claimed he didn't care, I could still tell that whatever his mom said was bothering him. During lunch he remained quiet, I explained what had happened to the rest of the group so Jimin didn't have to. I decided to meet him at his last class so I could make sure he was okay. I left a bit early and head to Jimin's class. I stood by the door. As people filed out and saw me, they would either flinch or cower. I can't believe I really had that much of an effect on others. Jimin walked out of the classroom. I followed next to him.

"Hey Jiminie. How are you doing?" The orange haired boy eyed me weakly. He still seemed close to tears. I can't believe his mom is getting away with making him feel like this. Jimin didn't respond but weakly smiled towards the ground acknowledging the fact he heard me. We continue to walk in silence till we get to the point where we part ways to walk home.

"Yoongi." I look over towards Jimin. "I don't want to go home. My mom will be there. I'm not ready to face her." He pulls his hands up to cover his face. "I don't know what to do." I can hear the uneasiness in his voice. That was when the idea hit me.

"Jimin, if you are okay with it, you could always come over to my apartment. I live alone, so you wouldn't have to worry about that. But it's okay if you don't want to..." Jimin finally maintains eye contact with me. I hope offering him to spend the night isn't too weird.

"Could I? That would be great." His voice sounds relieved. I smile and nod my head. Suddenly I think about the status of my house, I don't think it's that much of a mess. I am generally speaking, a pretty neat person. We walk to my apartment as I lead the way. It's just sunk in this is the first time Jimin has come over. We usually hang out in town, after school, friends' houses or video chat, but we haven't been to each other's houses.

We arrive at my door. I open it revealing a dark but clean room.

"Welcome to my humble abode." I gesture to the room and chuckle afterwards. I look to Jimin as I see a smile spread across his face. Finally.

"Not what I was expecting." I look at him slightly confused.

"Expecting?" He chuckles.

"You didn't strike me as a very neat person. Your apartment is so clean." I wear an expression of fake offense.

"What on earth do you mean? I scream elegance an order." Jimin's smile grows wider as he begins to laugh.

"No, I just meant that teenagers are usually unorganized and messy. You are so neat." I shrug.

"When you live on your own, someone has to be." His smile fades a bit but turns to fondness.

"Thank you for letting me come over. I'm already in a better mood." I smile back.

"You are always welcome."