Chapter 1

Ella Ward never intended to marry. If it were up to her, she would live alone, or perhaps with a group of her unmarried friends, in a lavish estate, and she would spend her days sparring, reading, jousting, and eating. These were the only things that interested her, and they were the only things that ever would interest her. She was sure of that.

Ella Ward was twenty years old when she met the man she was engaged to marry. Her mother and father and her two sisters had cleaned their modest estate desperately before his arrival. He was from a rather wealthy family, and in order to advance in the social ladder, Ella, the eldest, had to marry up.

The young man's name was Cecil, and he looked nothing like his portrait. Before his carriage had pulled up to her house, Ella had imagined him a strong and broad-shouldered man, but when he sat before her at the dinner table, he was pale and thin. Ella had pressed her palm to her chin, unable to hide how bored she was by this waif of a man. She hated marriage altogether, but she thought that she could at least look forward to the idea of a sparring partner. This man was no match for her at all. No match indeed.

That  night, she designed to meet with her lover, Saxton, as they did every other night. Ella had known Saxton since she was twelve-years-old. At their first introduction, Saxton had been the only boy willing to fence against a girl. He had won, but after the match, he extended her a hand, and offered to train her. Over the years, Ella grew to be more broad-shouldered than him, but she also grew to have rather large breasts, and Saxton, at sixteen, couldn't help but ask if he could kiss her, and then, if he could touch her blouse.

At seventeen, Saxton was given permission to remove her shirt, and rather enjoyed what he found under there. At eighteen, Saxton was quite surprised to feel Ella's hand on his crotch, and then at nineteen to feel her lips. On the night that Ella met her suitor, Saxton wanted more, and felt his hand diving down under her skirts.

"Oh, no," Ella gasped. "I don't think--" She felt her body squirming with wetness. Her hand fell onto Saxton's chest as she leaned into him. They were positioned against a tree, somewhere between their two property lines. It was the same place where Ella had first gotten on her knees while Saxton removed his trousers.

"Once you marry him," Saxton explained. "We'll never be able to do this again."

"I know," Ella said. The muscles between her legs yearned for him to slide his hand nearer. "But I can't," she said. She remembered back to what her mother had told her. "He'll know I've been impure."

But Saxton couldn't afford to miss this opportunity, he slid his fingers to brush the very outside of her lips. "I love you," he said, as if this were the secret passcode.

"No," Ella said. She straightened up and he removed his hand. "I love you, Saxton," she said. "I care very deeply for you. But you cannot know what it is like to be a woman and to be on the verge of marriage. Please. Don't make me leave you in an argument tonight."

Eventually, Ella found herself getting down on her knees again, grass stains on her tights as she grabbed onto Saxton's thighs and shoved his wide cock repeatedly between her lips.

The next morning she awoke and was hurried into a carriage by her family. The fields of her childhood home and of Saxton's families gardens sprawled before her, as she clung to the door of the wooden carriage. It was all such a blur, the goodbyes, the visions of her last night with Saxton, that she felt barely conscious by the time she arrived on the Atteberry family estate. She was rushed to her bedroom, where she would reside for just two nights, until the wedding ceremony was complete, at which point she would spend the rest of her life in a bed shared with that dreaded Cecil.