Chapter 31

Before tending to the Lady's chambers, Mirabelle stood in front of her mirror, pinching her cheeks for some blush, combing her hair, and pushing up her breasts in the low collar of her dress. She felt butterflies in her stomach, but she wasn't sure if that was because she found Cecil exciting, or if she found this situation terrifying. Or perhaps a little bit of both.

When she entered the room, it was only Cecil there, lying in bed reading a book. Mirabelle smiled at him nervously, and as she began to clean, she leaned over to ask him, "I'm terribly sorry, my Lord, but do you know where Lady Ella keeps her hair ribbons?"

Cecil leaned forward on his elbow, looking disinterested. "Top drawer. Wardrobe."

"Right." Feeling a little bit of a fool, she leaned over quite exaggeratedly to pick a hair ribbon off the floor. Cecil's eyes traveled down her neckline and she blushed upon meeting his gaze. "I'm sorry," she said. "Sorry to disturb you."

After organizing Ella's things, scrubbing down the windows and dusting the surfaces, Mirabelle's work was almost complete. She had noticed Cecil's eyes lifting from the page of his book every so often, but she couldn't figure out what to say to even strike up a conversation with someone who she very much did not wish to disturb. As she finished up the last of her cleaning, she couldn't help but blurt, "Do you think Lady Ella is displeased with me?"

Cecil looked up from his book, quite puzzled. "No," he said. "Has she given you reason to think so?"

Mirabelle knew that she shouldn't talk about her Lady in this way. "Not at all, my Lord," she said.

"Then there must be something that made you mention it," he said, sitting up in his bed.

"Just a sense I get," Mirabelle said. "That she's frustrated. I know that I'm new, but I'm trying my best. I really am. I just want to impress her." She hadn't wanted to sound so frightened, or emotional, but there was no helping it. This whole situation, and all of the implications Colton had put into it, had made her quite nervous.

Cecil set his book down. "I'll have conversation with her," he said. "And don't worry, I know how to be subtle. I won't let her know you raised a concern."

Mirabelle was surprised by his sincerity, in fact, she felt no need for her silly seduction games at all. Still, she could feel his gaze on her, and it excited her, especially knowing that Bryony had been successful. "Thank you," she said, stepping away from him and back to her work. "Really, thank you." She took another step and--"Oh!"

Her skirt had caught on a notch in the bedframe and ripped straight up her leg. The rip revealed her soft pale skin, and a very slight hint of the ass cheeks that Cecil had found himself staring at for so long.

"Oh, my Lord, forgive me," she gasped, embarrassed, and frantically trying to pull her dress free. The tug ripped it even further, revealing her perfectly round ass jiggling as she struggled. "There." She looked down at what she had done and turned quite red with embarrassment. She held the dress together with her hand, closing off the view of her body.

Lord Cecil immediately took his book and set it on his lap. "Well," he said, his face also rather red. "Perhaps you should return to the maids who could help you with that sewing project you've just created."

"I'm sorry," Mirabelle said. "Just when I was trying to prove to you that I wasn't clumsy."

His eyes could not leave her perfectly stunning form. He was very distracted. And Mirabelle almost thought, that perhaps she saw the book in his lap raise upwards a little bit. She found herself getting aroused, and wondering what exactly might lie under there.

"If I'm dismissed--" she said.

"Uh--yes--" he said.

Unintentionally, the ripped skirt dropped from her hand as she turned to leave, revealing her legs once again.

"Uh, no--" he said. "Wait."

She felt butterflies everywhere. A sensuality that she had only allowed herself to feel alone, at night, coursed through her. She was starting to get wet.

"I'd feel a bit strange having you leave my quarters with a ripped skirt," he said. He removed the book from his lap and hurriedly rushed out of the bed. "Let me get you a simple dress of Ella's. Just to borrow." When he stood, she could see the bulge in his tunic, clear as day. She had never seen a cock before, but she knew Cecil's was large, and she knew that it made her whole body start to open up for him. If he decided to grab her right now, and pin her to the wall, she wouldn't protest.

He picked out a dress quickly, turned around while she changed, and off she went. Mirabelle hurried down to Colton, eager to tell him everything.