Chapter 22

"So he likes men, you're sure?" Ella asked.

"I mean, that's what his squire said," Cecil said.

They sat across from each other in the carriage, plotting their trip to the Golden Sparrow in a few days.

"Then, this should work out well, shouldn't it?"

"I love you after you've won a tourney," Cecil said. "Well, I love you all the time, but when you're Lady Sophia... it really does something to you."

Ella laughed. "It's the thrill of winning, I guess," she said.

Cecil put a finger to his lips. "What if we brought Bryony? As your lady's maid? You know, but also--I mean, she would enjoy him, I'm pretty sure."

Ella glanced out the window. "There is also the matter of his squire," she said. "Maybe Bryony could distract him for a bit."

"Oh, I love how this is shaping up."

When they arrived home, Ella driven by her usual post-tourney lust, she pounded into Cecil until she couldn't take it anymore. She loved the way he made her feel, in absolute control. She also had control when it came to planning their trip to the Golden Sparrow. She spent a great deal of time imagining who would partner with who and was certain that she could command everyone to where she wanted them to be. She proposed the idea to Bryony one morning, who was of course interested, and within two days they were headed back south towards the Golden Sparrow.

When they arrived at the inn, they were also surprised by the quality of the place. It was in the city, granted, but none of them had spent much time in inns and hadn't known what to expect. When Cecil and Ella traveled, they always stayed with friends or family. Bryony hadn't traveled in years, but when she had, she'd never stayed in places like this.

The first room was full of clean wooden tables and a bar and it smelled like saffron and cinnamon. Everyone seemed friendly and happy and pampered. They purchased two rooms, one for Cecil and Ella, and one for Bryony, which Cecil insisted upon doing if only to not look 'cheap'.

"I doubt we'll even use our one room," Ella hissed. "This is ridiculous."

Bryony said she was grateful, she hadn't had a room of her own in years, and she hurried raced to it to freshen up before they went in search of their mysterious knight.

After they all had lunch in the main room, Cecil inquired as to whether a nobleman by the name of Mahmoud was staying in the inn. They got a room number and sent Ella and Bryony up first to speak with the boys.

Ella knocked on the door and gave an excited look to Bryony as they waited.

The door opened, and the humble squire met them with a shocked expression. "Lady Sophia," he said. His face turned a deep red. "I am glad to see you."

"Thank you, my friend," she said. "Remind me your name again?"

"Ali," he said.

"Ali, I'm Bryony. Lady Sophia's lady's maid."

"Ali," Ella asked. "Is Mahmoud in?"

"I'm afraid he's not," Ali said. "He left to meet with someone. Can't remember who."

Ella shot a glance to her lady's maid. "Do you reckon he will be interested to see us?" she asked. "We were in town, and I just thought, well, do you think he was serious in his offer?"

"Very much so," Ali said. "He's talked about you a bit."

"That's good news," Ella said. "I wouldn't want to surprise him too much. Well, I'm in room 6, will you let him know that?"

As Ella turned to leave, Bryony leaned up against the door frame. "Ali," she said. "If you're not doing any work for your knightmaster, would you care to go for a walk? My lady has dismissed me for the day and I'm afraid I don't have any company to explore the city with."

The boy's eyes brightened. "Yes, of course," he said.

Bryony waited for him downstairs and the two young, soon-to-be-lovebirds were off. Bryony had been given orders to make him fall in love with her, and she new how to lay on the charm. She found out that he was seventeen, had been a squire for two years, and had never had any girlfriends. Very interesting.

"So, you've never even kissed a girl?" Bryony asked.

The boy looked away, lead her down a new street. "No," he said. "But I've wanted to. Being on the rode with a tall, handsome knight, doesn't always make me stand out in a crowd."

"I see," Bryony said. "Well, you stood out to me."

The boy just about gasped as he turned around to face her. They had been walking through a small alleyway, but this stopped him dead in his tracks. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"I think you're handsome," Bryony shrugged.

They were both leaned up against the wall, inches away from each other. Bryony wondered if he would go in for the kiss, or if she would have to do it herself. She liked this boy well enough, but truthfully she was more interested in the story Ella told her of his knightmaster. And after all the boy had just said too, about always being overlooked for Mahmoud, oh, she hoped that she wouldn't break his heart.

Ali soon put a hand to her waist and pulled her in for an innocent kiss. "H-Have you ever had a boyfriend?" he asked.

The truthful answer was no, actually. She had never had a romantic connection with anyone, just an eternal search for good sex. But she wasn't sure that was what this boy wanted to hear. "Uh," she said. "Kind of. I don't know."

"Well, have you kissed a boy before?" he asked innocently.

Bryony outright laughed. "Yes, definitely," she said.

His eyes widened. "So you've--you're experienced?" he said.

"I've done about everything a girl can do with a boy," Bryony said.

The boy's face turned pale. "Really," he said.

She placed her fingers on his chest, then ran them down to his belly, then grabbed onto the belt of his tunic. It wasn't difficult to get him hard as anything. She looked down at the tent in his tights with a big smirk. "I'd love to teach you a few things," she said.

"Well, uh--" he protested. "I don't know, if you're only going to be here for two days, then I--"

She leaned in and whispered, "Are you really going to deny a girl that beautiful cock of yours?"

Her hand slid over his hard member and the boy let out a little grunt.

Bryony stood up straight, looked down at his sorry predicament. "You know I've got a room to myself," she said. "Room 7. Remember that."