Chapter 48

CW: Sexual Assault. I feel it important to note, as the author, that I chose to include this scene because I know that for some people, myself included, reading about unwanted sexual advances can be a turn on, but that absolutely does not mean the reader would want those experiences to happen in real life. Just like many things we fantasize about, the important part about them is that they are just that--fantasies. I wanted to try writing a scene like this where the woman was more in charge than her attackers. If that sounds interesting to you, read on, but if this is not the kind of material you enjoy, you can safely skip to Chapter 52, at which point this scene will no longer be discussed.

___

It was not too long after their first encounter with the watchman, that Ella went to see Arthur again. He started teaching her how to shoot a crossbow, as he had promised, and of course, as he wrapped her arms around her to demonstrate, it didn't take long for the pair of them to get distracted. Ella loved how it felt to be in Arthur's arms. There was something about him that was a beautiful mix of strong and gentle. He would throw her around, if that's what she wanted, but always his eyes remained sweet, his heart remained gentle.

After their second lesson, Ella and Arthur sat by the fire to watch the sun set behind the trees. He had wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and she had put her hand on his thigh. She started to run her hand up his shirt, playing with the collar of his tunic, when she thought she heard snippets of a conversation.

"Do you hear that?" she whispered.

Before she could ask any more, two sets of hands grabbed at her. She heard the sound of Arthur grunt as he was thrown to the ground. Before she could process anything, she felt her hands being tied up with rope. When at last she was able to take stock of the situation, she saw Arthur on the ground, his hands and feet tied up, and three watchmen in total.

"What is the meaning of this?" Ella demanded.

"Well, my lady," the watchman nearest Arthur said. "Your mysterious lover here is a criminal. In case you weren't aware. And in addition to his past crimes, he's also recent shot one of our own in the leg. So we're here to collect him." He kicked Arthur in the shin.

Ella sorted through her mind. There must be some sort of noble power she could evoke here, but she had never bothered to learn such useless things. Cecil would know. If only he were here.

"Cowards," was all she could say. "You couldn't even face us in a fight. And it took three of you nonetheless."

"Well," one of the watchmen standing behind her said. "You are very strong yourself, my lady."

Ella rolled her eyes. She looked down at Arthur, but with his face pressed into the grass, she couldn't even make eye contact with him.

"And you, my lady," the third watchman said. "Your only crime is letting yourself be pleasured by such a rough and terrible man."

Ella blushed.

"We heard about what our companion stumbled upon the last time he tried to track down this criminal," the third watchman said.

Ella could feel his hand on her hips, then grabbing at her ass.

"What a naughty noblewoman you are," he said.

Ella had been saving her lust for Arthur--she had thought long and hard about what she wanted to do with him tonight. She'd wanted to dominate him, like she always did with Cecil, give him an experience he'd probably never had before. But now she felt a second hand squeezing her ass and much to her own embarrassment, felt her body tingling with excitement at the lust of these watchmen.