Chapter 9

Nikola was the first to turn and see her. Their eyes met while his cock was plunged inside her husband's asshole. Ella could not help the fact that her own hole opened right up, ready to be dominated by him again. Was it wrong to say she was jealous to see Cecil in her place?

Then her eyes met Cecil. The horror. The humiliation. The excitement. His big cock twitched up and hit his belly. In a moment that was obviously quite unexpected, Amis was in the throws of orgasm behind him. The only sound was his desperate moaning, and then at last a final squeal.

It was Amis who, after letting out a sigh, asked, "Ella?" He looked so sleepy, as if she had just walked into his bedroom.

There were so many things she could say. What the fuck? How dare you? Is this what you've been doing all along? But none of those came to her mind at this moment, just silence.

The men slowly gathered themselves as she ascended the hill entirely. She looked fearsome standing over them, sword on her hilt, gleaming in the morning sun. The whole thing felt comical, as if it couldn't possibly be real. She wanted it to not be real. What was a woman to say, in a situation like this? And at the same time, the fact that this was very real drove some wild desires into her mind. She reached for her sword. She would not let Cecil see those desires that easily.

"This is a betrayal," she said. "You betrayed my trust."

She could have said many things. She could have raised her sword to them all. But she wanted Cecil to know how this felt, to learn that he had been sneaking off to do something that he probably could have done with her permission.

Cecil hung his head. Nikola stood far from him. Amis and Tenney cowered in the back. "I--I--" he said.

"I could have you all hanged!" she screamed, because she needed to scream.

Her husband rushed to her side, resting his hands on her shoulders. "Please," he begged. "Just listen to me regarding this." She could see in his eyes that he feared his whole world crashing down. Would he ever be permitted to go on hunts again? Would the whole village learn of his shame? Would Nikola ever speak to him after this? Would they no longer be married?

Ella softened her gaze, but only slightly. "You betrayed my trust," she repeated.

There were tears in Cecil's eyes, utter distress. "It's not that I didn't trust you," he said. "I was going to tell you, with time."

"No, you weren't," she said. "You only loved me so much, took such good care of me, because you were hiding this. You knew."

His expression cracked and he brought his hands to his face, sobbing. No one moved to comfort him. Behind him, Nikola began to get dressed.

Ella pursed her lips and removed her hand from her sword. She set a hand on the very edge of Cecil's shoulder. She didn't want to speak to this sobbing, pathetic mess. "I will let you gather yourself," she said. "But when you return home, we will speak."

----

The men returned from the hunt, and the feast that the servants worked so hard to prepare was practically enjoyed in silence. No women were present, just the hunting party. Just the men. The men had still made arrangements to stay the night, so Cecil didn't feel it was too rude to dismiss himself halfway through dinner. He wasn't eating much after all. He slunk off to his bedroom, where Ella sat in the chair in the corner, waiting.

He stood before her and gathered his thoughts. He seemed to have thought up a speech in their time apart.

"I want you to know," he said. "That I didn't treat you with kindness because I had a secret. If you take anything away from this conversation, let it be that. I treat with kindness because I respect you as a person. Because I want us to take care of each other. I don't want to be like the husbands you've heard so much about. I want a relationship that feels equal, like the one I had with Nikola."

"Had?" she asked.

"Yes," Cecil said. "I told him that we couldn't see each other any longer. We must not have eyes for anyone outside of our marriage. We must stay true to one another."

Ella uncrossed her arms. "Well, if that's what we're discussing then you're not the only guilty one."

"What?" Cecil raised his eyebrows. He sat down on the bed across from her.

"Nikola didn't tell you?" she smirked. "He's a better man than I thought." She bounced her leg as she formed the words in her head. "That weekend when you were away and he came to visit? We found ourselves alone and--well--"

"Well?" Cecil asked in disbelief.

"He likes women, not just men," she blushed.

"I know," Cecil said defensively. "I know. But--why didn't--so I'm not the only one keeping secrets, then. That's a relief."

"No, you're not." Ella moved to sit next to him, placed her hand on his thigh. "I don't understand what it is you were doing out there in the forest, but I wouldn't want it to end because of me. I feel as though you and I understand each other. And we are bound together for life, aren't we? I'm only twenty, and you're twenty-five, we have so much of life yet to understand. We don't have to limit ourselves to each other if we don't want to."

Cecil's face lit up like a candle. "Really?" he asked. "Are you saying that Nikola and I--you'd allow it?"

"I don't mind it," she said. Then, a wild thought fell over her and she pushed her lips together in thought. "Would you allow Nikola and I to--uh--try things again?"

Cecil tilted his head. "Strange that we should like the same man," he said. "I don't know, he--I--I shall have to think on it."

"It wouldn't be anything serious," she said. "Just another chance to--pick up where we left off."

It was clear that Cecil's head was filled with many thoughts, perhaps the same ones as her. He leaned away from her, gave a nervous sigh. "I suppose if you are going to afford me the luxury of seeing him, I can do the same. It is an equal partnership that I wanted. So. Yes?"

She rushed to kiss him on the lips. "Thank you!" she cried.

"Ella," he laughed. "I'm stunned. I--I've never heard of anything like this before. A proper arrangement like this. Are you sure you're alright with it?"

"As long as it's equal," she said. "Do you think--do you think I could inform Nikola of this conversation? In his bed chambers tonight?"

Cecil's mouth fell open, his heart racing at the idea. "Yes."