Chapter One: "Happy Birthday!"

I watched quietly from my private booth as she danced against another girl, both of their bodies looked sticky as the dancing lights hit their bodies. I looked to my side, seeing Andrew. He was talking to some girl that he had brung back into our VIP booth. She wasn't really cute... scratch that, she wasn't who I was looking for.

My eyes found their way back to her. She was stunning. Her curly hair thats usually in a bun was let out, draping over her shoulders and swishing side to side as she swayed her body to the beat of the music. Just as I pulled my bottom lip into my mouth, she turned her body and looked directly at me. A bright smile overtook her face, she brightened the dim room. Even from almost thirty feet away, she detected me staring down at her from our booth. I saw her look back at her friend before walking to the bar, leaving a empty seat next to her. I almost pissed my pants from being so excited. This was finally my chance. I grabbed my car keys, stuffing it with my pone into my pants pocket.

I walked down the couple of stairs and pushed passed people while I found my way to her. When I had got to her, the bar was passing her a short glass that looked like it was sprite and a lemon. I licked my lips before sitting in the empty seat next to her. She ignored me, sipping on the drink but I could see that out of the corner of her eye she saw I was next to her.

Since I was closer to her, I could see her outfit better. She had on deep dark purple dress, basically the main color of the birthday party decor.

"What's your name?" I asked, confidence filled my voice. She turned her head towards me and licked her teeth?

What?

I wanted to laugh but I didn't know if she was that drunk or if she actually meant to lick her teeth.

It was cute.

She smiled brightly at me before saying 'Sophia'. And asking me what my name was. I told her my name, hoping it didn't ring any bells in her mind but also feeling a little twing of disappointment. She smiled again before lifting the straw to her mouth, looking at me with seductive eyes.

Shoot ya shot, playa!

"Can I buy you a drink? Another drink?" I said before looking at the drink in her hand. She purses her lips before nodding her head. I gave her a slight smile before looking back at the crowd for a brief second. I didn't wanna leave before the party was over but, I didn't even want this party.

"What would you like?" I said, putting two fingers in the air and motioning the bartender over here. I would take her back to the private booth but I don't wanna seem like a show off. Well, she saw me in there anyways but still.

"Sex on the beach, please." She said, standing.  She pulled her dress up before sitting back down. She looked at me with those beautiful eyes before asking me a question. I saw her mouth move but I didn't hear a question. I felt something touch my leg which snapped me out of whatever trance I was in while I stared at her.

Come on, Alex! What is going on with you?

I don't know man, I don't know.

"Where are you from?" She said, moving her hand from my leg before motioning behind the bar. My eyes darted to the waiting bartender so I quickly asked for a her drink and asked for a round of shots, telling him to put it on the party tab.

"I'm from here.. born and raised in mount Vernon but moved to Pelham, they are literally right next to each other. I'm rambling." I said, mentally scolding myself. I looked down before hearing a delightful laugh before causing me to look  up at Sophia.

"What?"

"Nothing. It's okay. I'm from California." She said, pushing her hair over her shoulder. The music was loud and we were both drunk. I had a feeling this night would end how I wanted it but I didn't want it to happen so soon.