Chapter Twenty-Six: "I'm calling the police."

Meet the author in A/N

"So, those are our babies?"

"Yep. That's baby one. That ones pretty big isn't it? Baby two is a lot smaller. Baby one likes to hog all of Mommy's nutrients."

"So one of our babies are fat?"

"Yes. It's only baby fat though so it's okay. He just needs to share." Doctor Branae explains to Maya. Maya is sitting on the chair next to the bed while the Doctor monitors the babies. Maya watches in fascination as the heartbeats echo through the room.

"When are they coming?"

"Well, Mommy has just hit third trimester so about three months. Maybe even less. With twins it's not unusual for them to not reach the full 41 weeks. Once they both grow to a certain size, the water might just break prematurely. We are going to pray that that doesn't happen." Branae says, pressing a button on the monitor before asking whether or not we want pictures. Before I have a chance to reply, Maya excitedly says yes, raising her hands.

Branaé hands me a couple of wipes to clean my stomach off while the pictures print. I thank her for them before proceeding to wipe my stomach.

"When the babies come out, will I see? I want to see. I hope my sister has a lot of hair so I can braid it."

"Sister?" Branaé asks before handing Maya the pictures. I pull my shirt down before swinging my legs over. Branaé looks amusingly at me before typing away. "Yes, sister. I really want a sister. My dad said that I'm not going to want one because then I'll get mad at her for wearing my clothes but I think he only said that because my uncle likes to wear my dad's clothes. Besides, my sister won't be able to fit my clothes! I'm three and she's zero. She can't even talk. I can talk. I'm talking right now. She has to wear diapers and baby clothes that my baby dolls wear. My dad is a triplet so that's why him and my uncle can wear the same clothes. My sisters sister can wear rah others clothes. Just not mine. Plus I like my clothes because daddy and Uncle Tony take me to the store to get them. Sometimes we order them off line." Maya rambles as I check the small room for any of our stuff and Doctor Branaé looks at Maya. She's totally amused by the three year old and just nodded and laughed at her.

When she notices I'm ready to go, she looks up at me.

"Please enjoy your day. Remember, try to sleep on your left side. Put a pillow between your legs." She says, smiling while Maya begins to walk out. I nod before following Maya.

"Sophia, I'm hungry."

"Me too." I reply as we get to the car. She climbs in as I do. We buckle up and I check the rearview mirror before hearing her speak again.

"Sophia, is daddy going to meet your mom?"

"I don't know," I say as I pull out. "Does he want to?"

"I don't know. I do."

"You want to meet my mom?"

"Yeah. You met Daddy's mom so now we can meet your mom."

"Maybe you can. It's up to your dad." I say before thinking about food.

"So where does she live?"

"In California."

"What's her first and last name?"

What's she trying to do? A background check?

"Stephanie Matthews."

"Do you have a dad?" She questions, accidentally kicking the back of my chair.

"His name is Quincy." I check the rearview mirror, seeing her twisting her iPad around.

"How many siblings do you have?"