Chapter Forty-Five: "Being loved."

Chapters are probably going to be short for the next couple ones! Just a warning (:

20 days without Sophia Matthews

"I can't believe this shit." I mumble for probably the thousandth time in the last week. My eyes float to the empty bottles littering the room, the one I clutched in my hand seeming to cool down the burn from the cut I had across it.

I can't believe this shit.

Before I know it, I've thrown the bottle across the room, making it shatter on the impact of the wall.

I don't even flinch. I just stare at the now dripping liquid before diverting my eyes to something else. My eyes trail down to my new phone.

It still hasn't gotten a call.

I left Sophia nearly two hundred messages, not a single reply.

I don't know what I did.

I miss her so damn much.

I miss Amaya.

I miss Jaisiah.

I miss Jalen.

I miss Jasmine.

I miss my family. I miss my girl. I miss my kids.

I didn't even get a chance to be around them for a day before I was ripped away with them, my heart with them as well.

Now, I'm everything I never wanted to be.

I'm basically a drunk deadbeat.

I'm going to get up and go visit her. I don't deserve this shit.

Hell, I never did anything but love her.

I never treated her like anything less than the queen she is and she did everything she promised she wouldn't do.

She fucking did it.

I can't believe this shit.

A knock at my door captures my attention, making me glance around. My house was a fucking mess, alcohol bottles everywhere. Glass shards were everywhere and the glass table was broken.

When I arrived from the hospital, I immediately broke it. It reminded me of Sophia.

I didn't dare go into my room.

I couldn't.

I open the door, revealing my friends Luke and William. We rarely see each other because they are so caught up with their own girlfriends, families, and jobs.

Williams had dirty blond hair and brown eyes. He was almost taller than me, standing at 6'2. I met him about three years ago, after Leah had left me. I was at a bar and he was working behind it. He was attempting to cut me off but like the douchebag I am, I started a fight. It ended with me breaking down in tears and him driving me home. For some reason, he decided to stay to check up on me and didn't leave me alone for about the next week. I went into the bar two weeks later and then we just became friends.

With Luke, I met him freshman year of high school. He was a sophomore at the time but was in my algebra 2 class. He sat next to me and cheated off all of my work. I didn't care because I wanted friends other than Anthony, Andrew, and Chance.

"You look like shit Parker." Luke says, pushing a cartoon of beers against my chest. My eyes gaze over to William, his hands were stacked with pizza.

"Your house looks even worse." William says, peering in behind me. I step back and allow them to come inside. Luke steps over a empty bottle and sets the beers on the couch. He looks back at me before giving William a look.