Chapter Six: "Control."

"Sooo, where's Maya? She stayed home by herself?" I asked as Alexander closed the door to his home. I heard the lock click and Alexander clicking off his shoes.

After Panera Bread, Alexander instructed me to come over to his place. Of course, at first I went to deny, but then he mentioned Maya again and I just couldn't refuse. So, he got in his car and I got in mine, and I followed him back to his house. It was about 5:30 but because of daylight savings, it looked like it was 9:30.

I really just wanted to come in to see Maya but it appears as if she's not here. If she was, was she alone? Why would Alexander leave her home alone? She's four years old.

I looked back at Alex who was looking down at his phone with a lazy smile. As if he felt my eyes on him, he looked up.

"She'll be here in a hour. Andrew has her and they are in traffic."

"Andrew?" I asked. Alexander.. Andrew.. was that his brother? Was he one of the triplets?

"Her uncle." He stated simply, pulling off his coat and putting it on the rack next to his door. He placed his car keys in a small bowl that was on the shelf, above the rack, that contained almost 4 other sets of keys.

I decided to ask if Andrew was his brother to which replied with yes. He informed me that Andrew was the oldest out of the three of them, Alexander being the youngest.

"Why don't I come back tomorrow then? It's getting late." I said, turning towards the window that gave a great view of the surrounding neighborhood. Alexander grunted before turning the lights on, finally. When the light came on, I could see how clean his living room was, except for the brown baby doll that laid under the glass coffee table with diapers, bottles, and baby food sprawled near it. Besides that, it looked like nobody even lived here. The white walls were as clean as the color itself.

"It's only an hour, plus we can talk, baby." The way he said it, made it seem like he was calling me baby. Either way, I knew he was saying it as 'talk baby' as I'm referring to the bun in the oven. Alexander removed his button down shirt, leaving him in a plain white-T and his dress pants. He sat on the black chair closest to the door while I stood by the main black couch and glass coffee table.

"I already told you about me wanting you to move in-" he started while picking at his nails.

"And I already told you that there's no way in hell I'd move in with you, idiot."

"Anyways, besides that, I expect you to attend all appointments, take any medicines prescribed and make sure you tell me of any complications AND milestones." He proceeded to tell me, finally looking up to me. His eyes showed that he was serious but his tone made it seem like this was nothing but a business deal to him.

"What do you think I'm going to do? Ignore all my medications and newly found responsibilities?"

"I wouldn't put it past you." He said, sharply, as if he was expecting me to respond that way. I stood, enraged as his remark registered in my head.

"Wouldn't put it past me? You have some serious issues."

"Trust issues and anger issues? Yes. Now, can I continue?" He didn't wait for me to respond. "You cannot, I repeat, cannot, be with anybody else during the time of the pregnancy. Until the baby comes out, you can't have sex not perform oral sex on anybody until my child comes out perfectly healthy. After birth, you can already assume that we will take the appropriate actions to make a schedule to determine any rules or schedules for the child. I mean, which days you will be allowed to see them. Also, should you find a boyfriend or any other type of person you plan to keep in your life, you have to run it by me. I will not endanger my child with your untrustworthy friends; like Crissy. I do not trust her. I know she is not a threat, so I will allow her to stay, but even today when she blindsided you with the invitation of I, should show you that all her intentions are not pure. So, if you plan to have a boyfriend, be careful. I also will not accept a stepfather or a 'substitute' for my place. This is our child and I am alive and well enough to be in my child's life. Should it come to this, I'll take you to court."