Chapter Fifty-Four: "That's not his pacifier."

VOTE NOW PLEASE SO YOU DONT FORGET

I don't even know how this POSTED. I fell asleep writing this and that was like 1am and I woke up at 7:30 and checked my notifications and one was like @blahblabblabkah voted for chapter 54: I thought you were dead" LIKE BRO HUH

"You can leave now and I wouldn't even be mad at you." Chance says, looking back at me. My chest moves at a rapid rate. I could feel my heart thumping against my chest.

Chance is staring at me. I can see him out the corner of my eye, practically shaking. He was upset. He was livid.

It's like I am frozen in space. I couldn't even speak. I couldn't even move. All I could do was stare at her. I thought I got rid of anything, anyone, who once tainted my life but no. Here she was.

Her hair was a mess. The blonde hair was pulled back.. tightly. You could clearly see who it was. She had on a dress. It wasn't all that fancy. It was a simple white dress. She looked how any normal woman would in the spring.

"Alex.." she says, trailing off. I'm still in shock, I don't even acknowledge it.

"Don't talk to him, talk to me." Chance snaps out. Yeah, he was definitely mad. I'd never, which I mean from the bottom of my heart, heard him snap like that.

Her eyes darted towards Chance. They softened at a glance at him. "Chance."

"I changed my mind. I don't even want to hear you talk." He says. I finally remove my eyes away from her to look at my cousin. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to protect me. He knew what could possibly be the outcome of this and just when I began to get happy again.

"I have a son now. He's a couple months." She blurts. I feel terrible for that child.

"Whoever gives you a child should go to jail." Chance says, standing.

He has now turned around, straightening the papers. "This is what I was talking about. Alexander, get your stuff. Let's go." He instructs me. When I don't respond, Chance grabs my laptop and wallet. He grabs his bag from the floor and swings it onto his back.

"Alexander." He grits.

He sounded like my father from when I was younger and never wanted to leave Chance's house.

Truth was, I couldn't even move. I didn't even want to hear her speak but at the same time, I wanted to hear this explanation. I wanted to know exactly why she was here.

How she was here.

"What are you doing here?" I speak, saying my words for the first time since she stepped into my office. She's quick to speak, taking a step forward.

"I saw her. Both of them." She nods, scratching at her arm briefly. My eyes glance at the action, beginning to make me sick to my stomach.

"What?" I say as she steps further into the room. Chances back is to her as she comes closer.

"She's gotten so big. Last time I saw her, she was just a baby." She clasps her hands, strumming her fingers against the back of her hand. "I missed her."

This seemed a little to familiar to me.

Now, it's feels like my best is getting way too tight for comfort and my throat is closing. I can't breathe. It's like my tie is being pulled and tightened around my neck.

I press my eyes shut, wishing this was just a dream.

"I don't think she recognized me... I'm surprised you recognized me. I miss her."