Chapter Thirty-three: "Buddy System."

Goal: 26 votes and 18 comments.

If I made a Instagram for this account (mostly for this book. I would post stuff like teasers, updates, we could do polls and whatnot. I could talk to you guys more! basically all that jazz on the account.) would you guys follow it? It'll be good to let everyone know when a update is coming or even milestones. I feel like y'all would say no but just lemme know :((

After we were done with breakfast, everybody who didn't help cook was helping clean up. But really it was just Alexander, Chloe, Chris, Jamal and I cleaning the kitchen. I had put all the extra food to the side, walking towards the large stainless steel refrigerators. I put both the Apple and orange juice away so they will stay cool. Alexander was washing dishes while Chloe cleaned the large table that sat through out the kitchen. Chris really wasn't doing anything but standing and observing while holding a conversation with Jamal. Every time I walked by, I got bits and pieces. It seemed like they were talking about Chloe and Austin. Speaking of Austin, where is he?

I glanced around looking for the boy before seeing him walking back up the stairs with three water bottles. "Chloe." He said, she looked up. He slid the bottle across the table.

"Chris." He said as he bucked it towards Chloe's twin. Chris, who definitely had reflex's like a cat, caught it before he even turned around.

Gee whiz Spider-Man.

The kitchen was practically clean and my feet were throbbing, which was a sign for me to sit my behind down. I sat where I sat earlier, pulling my phone out. Nothing interesting.

Except a groupchat between Chris, Jamal, and I. I looked up at them, seeing them laugh before coming over and sitting down.

"What's the deal with him?" Chris demanded. For being fifteen, he definitely was demanding and protective over me.

"He's my fiancée."

"Was that before or after he got you pregnant? And you're having twins? Don't end up like my bi-"

"I'm not!"

"Fits the pattern perfectly, already has one kid from another mother..."

"Christopher! Chill out. We are good. He's not like that. I forgot you missed the whole talk. We don't talk about Maya's mom because she died, okay?"

"So did Jamal's."

She didn't really, but she staged her death. Had everyone scared, just for Jamal to find her one day. I'll save this story for a second though. Also, Chris and Chloe share a mother with Jamal. Both just call her Jamal's mom because of all the emotionally trauma she has put them through.

"He's got a point..." Jamal agreed. I glanced at Alexander; who was still standing at the kitchen sink. I frowned.

"If he breaks your heart, I swear to god I will kill him. Do you know who my father is? That shit is in my genes." Chris said, making my frown deepen.

He wasn't lying. His parents were both equally fucked up, but Aunt Keke was way better than she was 10 years ago. 10 year ago, she was living on the streets and sniffing every drug she could find. She was drinking every drink and whenever she had a job, she spent it all on drugs and alcohol. We didn't think she'd live to see the twins 10th birthday. But one day, Jamal crossed paths with her and she recognized him. She hated for him to see her like that, apparently, so she worked to get sober. My parents offered to let her stay in the guess house and then eventually decided it was best if she just went to rehab. She just got out of rehab a year ago, I think? She has been, unless she knows something I don't, sober for two years. While in rehab, she did relapse but she fought through the addictions and now here we are. Now, the twins father? He's a whole other story. He wasn't a druggie, he did smoke though... marijuana and cigarettes. He loved alcohol, but didn't drink much. He was actually the one that got Aunt KeKe in to drugs. I'm exactly sure how the timeline goes but I do know that Aunt KeKe wanted to know if she had some 'special stuff' for her and she said his apartment smelled horrible. She went snooping around and found 7 dead body's. All little kids. There was one adult, but she was found in his freezer. So he's in jail for 56 years, which hopefully is the rest of his life.