Chapter Nineteen: "Family Dinner cont."

After Maya's outburst, the room stilled for about five minutes. Sophia had quickly stuffed a slice of pizza in her mouth, nearly choking herself. Andrew and Anthony looked at Maya with confused eyes, Anthony having pizza cheese hang out the size of his mouth. My mom was looking at Sophia, who was looking down at her plate. My moms gaze shifted to me, and I was looking around at everybody else. Maddison looked confused as well as Aurora and Arabella both looked at Sophia.

I was scared to say something. Hell, I was scared to move. Sophia and I decided on telling them maybe at the next family dinner, not the first day she met them. Maya's outburst in concern for her baby siblings was hard for us to deny it. By the way my mom was looking at Sophia made me feel like she already knew, and this only confirmed her suspicions. I looked back around again at everybody's shocked faces, not wanting to be the one to speak up. Sebastian made a loud gurgle sound and slapped his hands against his pizza. Suddenly my moms head snapped to Maya, who was just playing with her pizza; teasing Stella with it.

"What did you say Maya?" My mom prompted, the room still dead quiet besides the youngest ones. Maya looked at Sophia and I and I tried to discreetly tell her not to say anything about it. She obviously didn't get the hint because right after my actions she said "Sophia's having a baby.." In a tone, that made me think she thought it was obvious to everyone.

"She came over to talk to Daddy and now she lives with me. I had a Barbie that was having a baby too but Aunt Madds broke it." She said with a pout before biting her pizza and looking between my Mother and I.

Everybody's facial expressions stayed the same except my mother, who had the biggest smile you could ever see on her face. She licked her teeth - yes, her teeth - before looking at me. "Is she being serious?"

I felt Sophia nervously begin to bounce her leg, so I took the floor. "Yes. Sophia's expecting."

"Dude!" Andrew and Anthony both said at the same time while my mother and Maddison squealed.

"Alex! What!" Aurora said, damn near falling out her seat. Arabella looked about ten times am happier than when she found out Sophia was her idol.

"So not only do I know you, but you're going to be apart of my family! Wait till I tell Katherine!" Arabella said, pushing her plate of pizza away.

Andrew looked at me and laughed before looking at Anthony, "I told you dude! Last time he had a girl over he told us she was pregnant!"

"How far along are you, Sophia?" My mom asked. Sophia visibly swallowed and looked up for the first time. Her dark puppy brown eyes looked at me before she answered, "26 weeks."
Everybody visibly did the math, leaving a tense silence until Andrew spoke up. "That's practically 6 months!"

The whole table erupted into cheers as they celebrated the incoming of a new baby. I thought it was gonna be really filled with judgement but I was mostly glad that everybody was happy about the baby am happy for us.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Everybody seemingly asked in unison. "We don't know. Daddy didn't wanna know." Maya said, sounding annoyed.

Well, excuse me for not wanting to know whether she was having a abortion or a boy.

Sorry

Not funny.

But, it's true.

I definitely would rather have a boy. I have a daughter already and, WHEW, she's a lot of work. Long hair that I have to clean and style. If I had a son, I would need to do that, snip snip and call it a day. Then I have to give her a period AND sex talk. Or I could have my mom. But if I had a son all I have to do is talk to him about sex and supply condoms. I gotta protect my baby girl from boys that want to use her, but it'll be the same with my son. I'd had a lot of females want to use me just because I was 'pretty'. Although