Chapter Thirty-Six: "Surprise!"

Goal: 25 votes and 10 comments.

Sophia's POV

"Surprise!" Everybody shouts as I turn the corner. I allow myself to gaze around the room.

The room was split completely in half, one side every thing was pink and the other side everything was blue. There were streamers hanging from the ceiling and balloons decorating all over the place. On the left side of the living room, there were over a dozen presents. In big boxes, little boxes, big gift bags and some of them weren't even wrapped.

There was a huge white chair, smack in the middle of the living room.

A cousin of mine and Maya come up to Alexander and I. Both of them present us with a crown and a sash. I let my cousin, Khe'la, wrap the sash around me. After she was done, she congratulated me before placing the crown on my head and giving me a big hug. I look down, reading the sash.

"Mommy-to-Be." It reads. I look at Alexander, his crown a bit lopsided since Maya put it on. She clips the button on his sash before smiling at me.

"It's a baby shower! For our b- twins!" She says, pure happiness all over her face.

Suddenly, Alexander and I are dragged further into the living room. I am sat inside the giant white chair while everybody congratulates Alex and I again. I'm handed a piece of paper and a pen while Alex is sat across from me, given the same items.

"We're going to start our first baby game." My mom announces.

Maya immediately stands up. "You're not supposed to say it!" She says snatching a clip that my Mom has (well, had) on her belt loop off before running back to where she came from. All the adults in the room laugh while Alexander smiles like a boy in the candy shop. His eyes dart all around the room before resting back at me with a wink.

"She got me," My mom jokes, "On these papers are ten questions. Each parents, Sophia and Alex, will fill it out for themselves and give it to me. Then they will fill out another one for each other. Got it? The goal here is to see who knows the most about each other." She says, nodding before telling us to go.

What is your favorite color?

Simple, turquoise.

What's your middle name?"

Brooke.

What's your Moms name?

Stephanie Amelia Hernández-Matthews.

When is your birthday?

February 27.

How tall are you?

5'10.

Favorite Show?

Law and Order: Special Victims Unit.

Most craved item?

Mangoes and Avocadeos

When is the due date?

May 21st.

What are the names of your siblings?

Jamal and Amelia.

How many children do you want?

Three.

I look up, done with the paper. My mom is waiting patiently before folding my paper and tucking it into her pocket.

Alex finished right after I did so my mom took his and gave us both a new sheet. This time, I was answering the questions for him.

I look around at everybody in the room. Everybody was doing something different. Some people were talking and drinking, others were watching Alexander and I, others, Maya specifically, were attempting to reach their subway sandwich. Everybody was enjoying themselves. Somebody else walks into the living room, make the house erupt in cheers while the person waves to me.