Chapter Fifty-Two: "Moving like a sloth."

this is making me sad :(

BACK TO YOUR NORMALLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM.

is that how you say it

goal: 45 votes and 10 comments.

"When you said you couldn't wait until later, I didn't know you meant grocery shopping." Sophia snickers from beside me, her hand flexing against mine.

I smile to myself, heading straight to the where I need to go in order to get the items to make dinner tonight.

I was making one of Sophia's favorite dishes, which was just Alfredo pasta with shrimp, chicken, and broccoli. I was going to make lobster tails but she said she didn't want lobster tails because lobster tails make her want to drink wine and since she was pumping, she couldn't drink wine.

I was nervous. She couldn't tell but my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding against my chest.

My eyes dart to the beautiful woman beside me, her curly hair was falling out of her bun since she kept picking at it. She had sunglasses pushed up and just a t-shirt with a pair of my Nike shorts. She had a slight smile on her face as she hummed a tune to herself.

Sophia's hand tightens around mine as she begins to slightly swing it.

"It feels so weird not being around them." She says, looking up at me. "Was it like this with Maya?"

"Not really. I already hadn't been in her life so it wasn't that hard. Nowadays it feels weird because I'm just used to her being there." I explain, circling my thumb on her hand. She nods before speaking.

"It's like, I'm so used to having at least one baby in my hands."

"I'm in your hands." I say, faking a pout. She laughs before nudging me with her shoulder. "Shut up, I'm being serious. It's weird not having one of them in my arms or Maya whispering in my ear." She comments, her thumb twisting the ring that lay on her finger.

We finally come to a stop, right where I needed to be: Seafood.

"Yeah, she's always in somebody's ear." I say before leaning forward and inspecting the shrimp. The guy behind the counter, Brendan, asks me what I want. I ask for a pound of the shrimp before turning back around to Sophia.

"Here, take a picture of me." She says, passing me her phone. I swipe to the camera as she steps back and poses. I snap multiple pictures as she changes poses.

She was so fucking beautiful.

All mine, too.

I quickly send myself all of the photos, shortly feeling my own phone vibrate in my pocket. I pass my fiancée back her phone before grabbing my card. I pass it to the man behind the counter and graciously accept the pound of shrimp.

"Babe, do we have juice? I can't remember."

"I just put peach juice in your fridge. There are two cans of ginger ale in there too." I say, grabbing a package of chicken breast as we walked by.

"When did you do that?"

"This morning."

"Thank you." Sophia looks up at me with big puppy dog eyes and her bottom lip poked out. I resisted the temptation to kiss her and instead turned my head away with a 'you're welcome.'.

I tighten my grip on the frail bag as Sophia and I walk side by side to the exit.

Now, I had everything I needed to make dinner. I don't know how I forgot to get shrimp but some how I did.