Chapter Fifty-Five: "Water balloons."

Goal: 35 Votes and 10 comments.
Michael "Chance" Parker's POV

Alexander chest moves erratically before he storms past me. I watch as my cousin hurriedly leaves his office, passing my ex girlfriend with a push.

"Chance..." Lottie.. Charlotte says. Her old nickname was stuck in my head now that I've seen her face. It was bringing back old memories that I had been buried was making a return. I blink them away. I'm strong enough to not give into petty teenage year feelings.

Michael Parker no longer cares about Charlotte Bennett.

"Please, stop calling me that." I beg. I couldn't stand my first name but I definitely couldn't stand hearing her call me Chance.

"Michael." She results, calling me my given name. I take steady breaths. I can handle this. I'm fine. We can get this over with and then go to my younger cousin.

Knowing Alex, he was probably somewhere having a damn panic attack by now.

Charlotte stares at me while I debate against my inner self.

Should I end this whole thing with Charlotte and her family now or go comfort my anxiety ridden cousin, Alex?

"I'm sorry." She says.

I don't care how many time she says it. She's not getting any sympathy from me.

"No, you're not. Sorry people don't conduct a whole restraining order. What was the purpose of doing that? Do you know what type of pain you caused him? Do you know that him and practically his wife were separated right after she gave birth to three kids? You're a terrible person and you should be ashamed of yourself, Charlotte. I would have expected this from Leah but never, ever, would I think you'd do something like this." I don't even think before I speak. I just do it.

"I don't think that girl and A-," She makes the fifteenth mistake since she stepped into this office. This is when my last nerve just snapped.

"That girl is Alexander's fiancée. That girl is basically my little sister. That girls name is Sophia Brooke fucking Matthews. Please respect Alexander and Sophia. I don't tolerate disrespect to my family."

"I'm basically your family!" She cries. In reality, we weren't family. We never will be and we never were.

"You lost that right the second I saw you trying to shake my damn niece, Charlotte! You're crazy! You expect me to respect you when you didn't even respect me, me, enough to tell me that Maya was too much for Leah. Too much for you. I had to walk in on you about to shake her. Maybe you were scared to tell Alex. Scared to tell his Mom, but you could have talked to me but you chose the wrong option so now, I'm choosing the right option." I say, pulling the book bag off my back. I grab all my extra shit, as well as Alexander's and shove it into my bag. I grab my phone.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She begins sobbing now.

"Where's your son?" I say, feeling a bit guilty for what I was about to do.

"With his father." She says, tears continuing to pour out of her eyes. I look away from her.

I really hope she didn't expect to come here and get a different kind of reaction. I pray she didn't think that I would still have a soft spot for her because if she did, she had another thing coming for her.

I may seem like I'm soft and naive, but I know bullshit for bullshit.

If she thought she was going to waltz back in here and make me feel bad for her, she was definitely wrong.