Chapter Eleven: "Pack your shit."

Children get attached easily.

When Maya said she wanted me to be her mother, my heart nearly stopped. Not because I didn't want to be a mother of such a sweet girl like her, not even because she said she wanted me to be her mother. Alexander and I were barely friends. We put our differences aside only so that these babies could be raised in a stress free environment.

So, after Maya held me in a long, tight embrace, she pulled away and went back to opening presents. The vibe, of course, was killed. I'm not sure if Alexander heard what Maya whispered to me, but he continued to look back and forth between us with sad eyes.

But her whole rant about her mother had me concerned. Where was her mother?

Who was her mother?

That was probably my cue to begin to back away from this family as quick as I could.

After we finished presents, I packed my car and went to my house. Alexander and Maya were going to his mothers house for dinner and I didn't want to intrude. So, I went home and called my family. I talked to my brother. He rambled on and on about how my cousins were acting like jerks to him because ya accidentally ate the last piece of corn. Besides that everybody was fine. I talked to Jamal, who was basically my brother. He wished me a merry Christmas before talking about coming to see me soon. I shut down that idea, joking that I didn't want to see him that many times in one year, since I had seen him a couple months ago and will be seeing him eventually.

After Christmas, I stayed at my house, alone. Crissy came over and we drank hot chocolate while watching The Vampire Diaries. She obsessed over Stefan while I obsessed over Klaus. After she went home, I decided I was going to get all my shit together for this new year.

I was planning to move back to California, I had three job offers over there that I just couldn't refuse. Now that this whole babies thing was in the way, I was conflicted. I didn't want to have my children away from their father but I also wanted to work. I didn't go to law school for nothing.

I cleaned my apartment out, inside and out. By the time I finished, I was so exhausted I slept for two days. The morning sickness was getting bad, causing me to wake up randomly just to throw up. I couldn't stand eating any of my favorite foods like pizza, grilled cheese, or tacos. The only thing I could stand eating was avocados. Sometimes vanilla bean ice cream, but it had to be a really good day.

Alexander texted me, saying he was putting Maya into a high-end daycare. He didn't feel like interviewing nanny's and decided it be best if Maya began to learn how to share and play well with others. He alerted me that Maya loved it.

I was happy for them, but wasn't sure why he was telling me this. I brushed it off.

Anyways, I had taken a two week break from Alexander and was back to being very refreshed. Besides the text about the daycare, Alexander only texted me twice. The second time was him asking if I wanted to come to Maya's basketball game. Apparently it was her final one. I agreed, seeing I had nothing else to do.

Now, I was staring back at Chance while he talked about Crissy. Crissy wasn't here, just Chance.

"I don't know. She's just so secretive about her family and I googled her and nothing came up. How do you have money but no article that even mentions your last name?"

"Management?" I suggested.

"All the management in the world can't delete you from the internet. Back to what I was saying. What we have is purely sex. I don't know how to explain the to her. I don't love her. I can't."

"Then tell her before you break her heart."

"Yeah. Anyways, I don't know if I told you but your stomach is fucking huge." He said, looking down at my stomach. My stomach had grown rapidly over night. These twins were getting bigger and bigger. I felt the blood rush to my face.