Chapter Fifty-One: "Nose rings."

Everybody go follow me now I wanna hit 500 please 🥺

A month or something later.

Goal: 40 votes and 10 comments.

"He's only going to keep trying to pull at it like how he pulls Mommy's hair." Maya says, gently pushing Jasmine back and forth in the small swing. She looks up at Alex, who was holding Jaisiah up to his face. Jaisiah figured how to grab a hold of the hoop that Alex had in his nose. alex gives Jaisiah to me before saying he's going to go wash Jalen.

A month ago, Alex proposed. . Since then, we've all went back to our respective homes; Alex and I back to our home, Quincy back to California, Chance back to his apartment, Anthony and Andrew back to where ever they stay that isn't their moms home.

In that month, Alexander and I have adapted to being near each other and our kids again. We have our schedule that Alex, surprisingly, is really good at. Originally, it was every other night if a baby cries then Alexander gets it and then the other nights, I'd get it. Now, if Jaisiah cries, I get him. If Jasmine cries, Alex gets her. Now, if it's one of those every other nights and Jalen cries, Alex gets him. If it's any of the other nights, I get him. Easy peasy.

Jaisiah was good at not really waking up at nights unless he needed his diaper changed. As long as he had his pacifier, he was fine. Jasmine will wake top of the hour, hollering at the top of her lungs. I think she just wants to be held because she instantly calms down when Alex or I pick her up. Jalen was the same, he wakes up periodically and will cry as loud as he can, and as soon as we pick him up he will get quiet. He likes being held and moving. He hates being stationary. If we're in the car, they will all be quiet and probably fall asleep. The moment the car stops moving, they wake up and unleash hell.

"Mommy! Did you know that this is my first Mother's Day with my own mom? I usually go to Nanas' house but this year, we can do all the nice things for you!" Maya squeals, stopping the swing and pushing the bottle into Jasmines' mouth.

In case I forgot to say, it was Mother's Day. My first Mother's Day. My kids first Mother's Day. Alexander's first Mother's Day with someone who wasn't related to him.

Everybody's first Mother's Day.

Alex, Maya, Jasmine, and Jalen got up this morning and cooked me breakfast, making me a omelet, crab cakes, and grits along with some fancy smoothie that Maya made, and got a me a couple of presents.

Jaisiah was still laying next to me in bed. Last night, he had actually woke up and we both fell asleep with him on top of my arms next to me.

I was told not to open my Mother's Day gifts until I was alone, so they had yet to be opened.

"Then we should do something extra special so you always remember."

"Like what?"

"I don't know.. we have to think of something." I say, running a soft brush through Jaisiahs curls. He flicked his tongue in and out of his mouth, peering up at me from my lap.

"Can we-," the buzzer goes off, signaling that somebody is downstairs. "I'll get it."

"Ask who is it first." I instruct. She stands on her tippy toes before pressing the talk button and asking who was downstairs. She presses the listen button.

"It's your father."

Maya looks at me with a blank stare before looking up towards the ceiling.
"Daddy!" She says, at the uttermost top of her lungs, making the remaining three (Jaisiah, Jasmine, and I) flinch, and the first two begin to cry.