Chapter Forty-Three: "Call Daddy."

Since this is the final chapter, I want us to get a whooping 40 votes and 15 comments as our goal.

I woke up the next morning pretty late. Alexander has went out and bought back breakfast for all of us. Maya was already downstairs, dressed and ready to go to daycare as well.

"I feel like hell." I commented as I walked into the kitchen. Alexander wraps his arm around me before pulling me into a kiss. He pulls back with a smile, his perfect white teeth on display. "You don't feel good still?"

"Not at all." I reply.

"I didn't get a kiss." Maya pouts as she pulls her breakfast burrito towards her. She reaches up to grab a small container that has apple juice inside of it. "Never mind, you're sick. I don't want it."

It was hot.

I turn the AC on before sitting on the stool.

"Shit. I'm late. Can you drop Maya off? I can't." Alex realizes as he grabs a white drinking cup. He grabs his bag and slings it over his shoulder before walking towards the door. I shake my head. I can't even drive anymore. Anthony left me a text that said his head hurt, so he wouldn't be by today.

"Shit, I forgot you can't drive."

"Yeah. Uber?"

"Nice try. No. Okay so.. Maya you want to stay home?"

"Is that even a question?" She immediately says, smiling at her father.

"Okay, good." Alex says before waving and closing the door behind him. It shuts with a slam and I look back to make sure he didn't smash his fingers or something. That's door was heavy.

Maya and I finish eating in silence, the only conversation was whether or not I felt better. I didn't. My body just felt.. imbalanced besides the hot flashes I've been getting.

I feel like my Grandmother.

Just as I stand to put my trash in the trash can, I get a hot flash. This reminds to to take a showers

I didn't get a chance to take one before I practically passed out last night and a nice cold shower would probably hit the spot right now. If not, I'd still be clean.

Hopefully Maya can keep herself out of trouble for about fifteen minutes while I shower so I do not have to worry about her. I just want my body temperature to come down so I can just feel right.

I hope I'm not coming down with the flu or something, because that would be hell in my last month of pregnancy. I remember during my moms best friends pregnancy, she got sick and ended up losing the baby. Granted, she wasn't almost in the last month of her pregnancy.

"Maya, I'm going to go take a shower, okay?" I say, looking at her small body as she kicked her legs back and forth from the top of the y'all seat. . She looks up at me and nods. "Okay. Are we going anywhere today?"

"Probably not. I'm tired." I shrug.

"Okay. I'm going to go play with my puzzle when im done eating." She announces. I nod before turning around and heading up to my shower.

I took a quick one, getting out extra earlier since I started to feel worse. I was in the shower when it first happened, so I immediately rinsed soap off my body before exiting the shower. I had planned on taking at least a fifteen minute shower but it's quickly got shortened to about five minutes. After I exited the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me, I found Maya going sitting on the floor in the nursery. She sat on the small rug that sat in the direct middle while talking to herself. I left her be and went to get dressed. I put on some small shorts and a tank top. I was having hot flashes again and my body was really warm. I combed through my hair again before placing it in two buns. Just when I went to pass the nursery again, another spasm in my stomach hit me, worse than the last time. This one made me want to scream and almost drop to my knees. I grasped the balcony bar as I tried to catch my breath. Maya came to me, immediately becoming alert when she saw tears in my eyes.