Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Wedding Bells."

Goal: 25 votes and 13 comments.

Some time has passed since my weird phone call with Anthony and today was the day we were going to the hotel.

Over the last couple of days, my family got closer to Alex and Maya. They absolutely adored them. Maya captures everybody's heart. My father, who hates kids, loved Maya. Alex and practically every guy in my family got closer after a few hours of playing a video game. Then, they all came out and played poker. Alexander gained all of their respect and love. My cousins started calling him Cousin Alex and some of them even called him Uncle Alex just because he was so much older than them. Maya continued to call me Mamas. I'm not sure whether or not she was confused but she asked at one point, and I quote: "I thought your name was Sophia?"

"It is." Is what I replied and she squinted her eyes at me, confused. "So why does so many people call you Mamas? I'm just going to call you that." She declared.

My mother and father insisted Alex called them mom and dad since we were 'getting married anyways'. Maya asked if she could call them grandma and grandpa. They both recoiled, saying they think those make them sound old so call them 'g-ma and g-pa' instead.

Maya loved it. Now all you heard was 'g-am, can you do my hair? g-pa, can we ride the bike again?'.

You would think they knew Alex for their whole life and we had finally gotten together. They absolutely loved Alex and Maya.

At this point, we actually have to get married. If not, my family would kill me.

I still have to figure out how to break it to them that we aren't married. I don't understand why I said that. Under pressure, I completely folded. Maybe I should just let it play out until we leave and then tell them we broke the engagement off once we got back to New York.

My family would still kill me.

I guarantee that if somebody asked whether they wanted to exchange me for Alexander and Maya to be in their family, they would quickly exchange us.

So, yeah. They couldn't wait for the wedding-that's-not-actually-happening to happen. Just because they wanted Alex and Maya to legally be apart of our family.

Kyle, one my my oldest younger cousins, already made a deal with Alex that if he got good grades for the rest of the school year, Alex would buy him any two pair of shoes and a matching outfit to go with them.

They all are begging to come back with us, but they can't. I do want Charles to come visit sometime soon. His Dad said sometime before the babies are born because he doesn't want the stress of two newborns, Maya, and Alex to pile up on top of me. I told him that was fine by me.

Since Anthony's weird phone call, I've only received two more. He wanted to make sure he got everything right for the basket he's making for the twins. Apparently, there's just about everything you'd put in a nursery in there. The second phone call he just asked what type of sheets did I want and I said white. The third phone call was whether or not the room was going to have any designs.

I must admit, Alex and I are slacking on that part.

No nursery, still.

We still have a strong month left once we get back, so we should really step to it.

Sabrina has been okay lately. She wasn't acting like a total b-word anymore and was pretty chill. Her sister, Rebecca, came over a few times. She was funny and adorable. She didn't talk much, but when Chris or Alex came around, she was a blubbering mess. Alex was also acting weird and refused to be in a room alone with either girls. He would make sure I was at his hip at all times, just to make sure he wasn't stuck alone in a room with them.