Chapter Twenty-Nine: "Relationship status."

I hate to do this but I'm going to start setting a goal for chapters. The reads and votes aren't weighing out!

Goal: 20 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter.

-
While I lay completely sedated beside Alexander, who was now sitting up on the bed with his back against the headboard and a blanket draped over himself, I listened to his low, ragged breathing.

Neither of us had said a word and the room was just quiet besides me trying to catch my breath and Alexander's own breathing. I gaze over to him, seeing him flick his thumb and middle finger against each other softly.

"Why are you so angry?" I finally break the ice. I'm staring up at the ceiling, feeling how I did when I first tried marijuana.

It was my freshman year of high school and Quincy, his best friend De'Anthony, Benjamin (De'Anthony's brother), and I had a 'get together'. My Aunt wasn't home and Quincy and Benjamin already had a bunch of weed. So, I tried it with them. I have to admit, my first time hitting the blunt was hard since I immediately coughed. But after a while, the fumes got easier to intake and I found myself in a similar position that I was now.

Laying on the bed, completely sedated while staring at the ceiling. I felt high, if being high off of Alexander's dick counts.

The only difference this time was I was naked.

And pregnant.

"I lost 2.8 million dollars today because a deal fell through." He said, letting out a big sigh before continuing. "Kathy, she's in charge of checking up on all of the files which contain various amounts of deals. She should have had thought to check on them, not just gaze at them. She didn't, so now, I am out of 2.8 million fucking dollars. She didn't even see what she did wrong claiming that 'it's not that big of a deal.' Well, I hope it wasn't that big of a deal when I fired her."

I let out a chuckle at his end statement.

"Well, I'm sorry. I really don't know what to say besides you'll earn it back quickly."

He stays quiet and I tilt my head back to look at him again. His eyes are closed and he seems stress.

"What are you thinking about?" I curiously ask, laying still on the bed. Alex eyes snaps open and he rubs them, tiredly almost. He lets out a sigh as his green irises snap to mine.

"I hate to ask this. I really do." He starts.

"Ask.." I urge for him to continue. He shakes his head as he puts a hand onto my wild looking hair. He strokes it before speaking again.

"What are we?"

I immediately sit up. I turn around, not even bothering to cover my nakedness back up as I turn to see Alex. He has a nervous gaze on his face.

Truth be told, I was never too.

Not only did I not know the answer to this, but I didn't want Alexander to think I was dragging him around. I'm not sure why he would think that, but the feeling is always there.

"What do you mean?" For some reason is the first thing that comes out of my mouth. Almost immediately, Alexander shakes me off. "Nevermind. Forget it."

"Stop. Just talk." I encourage. Alexander's eyes travel down my body. I'm grateful that I do not have a lap, or else he would see more than just my breast and I'm not sure I can stop whatever happens next. He crosses his legs as he tries his head back and looks at the ceiling.

"What are we? Are we dating? Or are we just at the baby momma and baby daddy thing right now? After you have the twins you'll be back to living at your own place, I'll only see you on the weekends when I have my visitation hours and you'll find someone." He says, slightly turning away. Just as I opened my mouth, he begins to talk.