Chapter Twenty-two: "Just like you."

Vote and comment for the next chapter!
After being thoroughly pleased last night, I woke up as satisfied as ever. The only problem I had was the cold, unoccupied spot next to me. I know for a fact that I remember Alexander coming in here last night and getting into the bed with me.

I sit up, patting around for my phone. It's 12:11 pm and the house is dead silent.

Did Alexander leave?

He probably realized the mistake he made and ran. I wouldn't blame him. I tried to run, even if it was just to another room, but of course Alexander came after me.

Sighing, I sit up. So much happened last night it was hard for me to process. From Family dinner to Alex admitting his feelings for me, it was overwhelming.

As much as I want to believe Alexander was lying about everything I said last night, I can't. He seemed too hurt and emotional to just SAY stuff like that.

If he confirmed everything he said last night, today, while he was completely sober, then I would be all in. Just like that.

But if he didn't, then I would just downplay it. Obviously he should at least assume we had sex since we were in the same bed, practically naked together.

I swing my legs to the side of the bed, attempting to make my way across the room. My legs felt like jelly from Alexander rough pounding and my core ached. I toughened it out though, forcing myself to get to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth. When I get finished, I grab my phone and exit the room.

The whole house is silent except for the light humming of the heat. I let out a sigh. Alexander left.

I walk down the hall to the stairs and practically gasp. Immediately when I look down the steps, I see Alexander sitting on the floor with his phone pressed between his ear and shoulder while he scribbled at something in front of him. On the table, there's a small tray that's looks to have a mango, bacon, eggs, a bagel, and a glass of orange juice on it.

Alexander is talking low, so low I can barely tell he's talking but he sounds panicked.

"I know I fucked up, I'll fix it ." He says before switching the phone from one ear to the other. He takes a large swing from one of the three water bottles sitting next to him before starting to scribble again.

I make my way down the rest of the stairs, surprisingly not alerting Alexander from any creaking of the steps.

Once I'm all the way downstairs, I see a gift bag along with a basket.

I felt weird with Alexander not know I was down here.

"Alex?" I say, softly. I see him tense up before mumbling into the phone. He slowly puts it down before turning around.

"Good afternoon." Alexander voice was full of emotion. His wild black hair was a mess. It look like his hand had been running through it. It looked my hand had been running through it.

He had a pair of sweatpants on a long with a matching hoodie. He sported a pair of black socks, none of which he had on earlier.. last night.

"Hey. What're you doing?" I attempt to peek around his shoulder but he blocks me. With a swiftness he stands up without letting me see what was in front of him and now he's standing in front of me, only this time, my back was facing where he previously sat.

"I didn't run. I-" he starts, running a hand through his hair. I could tell her didn't know what to say so I saved him the trouble.

"It's fine."

"I went to get you breakfast." He spits out, nervously looking into my eyes. He smiles softly and I return it. His hand are now on my shoulder and he looks likes he's about to say something.