Chapter Fifty-Six: "Baby gravy."

this chapter may be messed up bc I wrote this across like 7 different docs so if something seems weird.... comment.

Goal: 35 votes and 10 comments

August 20th

"See if he likes the mushed bananas." Alexander says through FaceTime. Jalen gurgles in my arms, kicking his foot out while I maneuver around the three kids on the ground.

I attempt to spoon feed him the muscles bananas that Jasmine was eating earlier. He spits it out before making the face he makes when he is about to cry. Shaking my head, I look back down to Alexander as he holds a item up to the camera.

"He doesn't like those either and if you get that, grab some shrimp too."

"Is there anything left for him to try?"

"Nope. Jasmine likes mashed bananas, Jaisiah likes the puréed - or whatever that shit is called - mango, and Jalen likes to be difficult. Just like his father."

"Try the avocados. Remember that's all you would eat when you were pregnant? Avocados and mangos. Maybe Jai liked the mangos more and Jalen liked the avocados."

"So mash them?" I say, more to Jalen in a way to get him to calm down before he began to cry rather than to Alexander.

"He doesn't have teeth, mamas." Alex says, throwing something into his shopping cart. "I just realised, I could have fed them and you could have went shopping. It would have been much easier."

Rolling my eyes, I grab a avocado out of the bowl. "Like I said earlier; you enjoy being difficult. I told you I would go instead."

He shrugs while I place my phone into the counter so I can hold my baby with one hand and mash avocados with the other.

"Mommy! Can you ask daddy to get me a cake that has the good frosting on it. Not the nasty kind." Maya shouts from the living room, causing two out of three of the babies to begin to cry. "Sorry." I hear her mumble. Jalens cry is short lived since he turns his face into my shoulder, immediately sucking as if it was my nipple.

"Maya wants buttercream frosting for the cake; not whipped."

"One step ahead of her. Should I get ice cream?"

"They're a bunch of kids.. you want them on a sugar rush?"

"So... yes? They're not my kids. Maya will probably only want a scoop and then a small piece of cake. They can have whatever they want at the party and then guess what.. I can send them home." Alexander says. I see him toss another thing into his cart while I grab the spoon for Jalen.

I scoop a tiny bit of avocado onto the spoon before offering some to Jalen. He opens his mouth, allowing me to bring the spoon in as he tastes the mashed avocados.

"He likes it!" I cheer as Jalen reaches of the empty spoon. "Hang on, I'm coming."

"Should I grab baby food and rice?"

"Yes. Your daughter needs a new bottle."

"There's like thirty bottles in the bottom part of the cabinet."

"She will not drink out of any bottles except the really tall and skinny ones. I told you that."

"I bought that kind last week."

"And then you microwaved one of them."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

"Alexander, you put the milk inside the bottle, heated it up, and the bottle melted because you put it in there for three minutes."