Chapter Forty-Two: "You deserve to be happy."

Goal: 20 votes and 10 comments.
After waking up with a huge headache, a huge baby, and a even huge-r baby laying on my legs and another one on my chest, I attempted to sneak past them without waking. Of course when you have two intelligent people like the Parkers, nothing gets past them. First, Maya woke up, asking where I was going, and then Alexander woke up and untangled himself from my legs, acting like a bigger baby than Maya.

"Where are you going?" Alex questions after he untangled himself only to go back to laying on my legs.

"Why are you all the way down there? All of this bed.."

"Maya took my pillow. Where are you going?"

"Maya has daycare, you have work. I'm going to go take a shower and make breakfast or something. I'm hungry." I say, pushing Alexander away from my legs long enough for me to slip out of bed. He stays in the same spot as if I was still there and goes back to sleep.

A hour later, I find myself showered, fed, and waiting for the Parkers to get their lives together. Maya sat in front of me, shirtless, eating a bagel with cream cheese, bacon, and a glass of orange juice while I sat on a chair. Alexander was working on his laptop on the couch while we did so.

Did I mention he was also going back and forth with Maya?

Because he is.

"I don't like going to daycare." She informs us, pushing out her chest. She frowns before grabbing her glass of apple juice with both hands a taking a large sip.

"You said you had fun yesterday." Alex points out, remembering how she told us how much fun she had yesterday during a very long conversation.

"But that doesn't mean I will have fun everyday! I didn't have in the day before yesterday!"

"So if you don't go today, what if you miss out on all the fun?" Alex ask as he taps away at his laptop on the couch. I obviously missed the memo because neither Parkers have a shirt on, only a pair of basketball shorts.

"Daddy!" Maya snaps, dropping her bagel onto her plate.

"Yes, Maya?" Alexander responds back sweetly. Meanwhile, I'm pressing around on my stomach. It feels like I'm lighter and that I can breath easier. Usually when I take a deep breath and press down, I can feel some movement. There was not a lot of movement going on right now, so I was a little worried. Not worried to the point where I needed to tell everybody or go to the hospital though. I mean, it is two babies and they could be starting to get crammed in there.

I do recall Doctor Branae saying that Baby A was getting all the nutrients so he should still be able to respond to my touch.

"I don't want to go." Maya whines, stuffing her mouth with her bagel.

"Too bad." Alexander shrugs, taking a huge swing from his water bottle.

"I don't like it there." Maya begins to cry, her eyes tearing up. Alexander glances up at her for a moment before looking down.

"Why not?" He asks,

"Because I don't!"

"Not a valid reason." He says dryly, sighing deeply.

"Why can't I just stay home?" The tears threaten to spill out of her eyes now that she begins to move around more.

"Because Daddy doesn't pay as much money as he does for you to go to a nice daycare for you to not go." Alex says softly. I watched him frustratedly run a hand through his hair while I continued playing with my stomach and the hem of my shirt. I pick up my own water bottle, taking a sip of it before pressing in another spot. I felt a subtle movement underneath, making me smile.