Chapter Thirty-Nine: "Thor."

Goal: 25 votes and 10 comments.

Check out my new BWWM werewolf book as well.

Alexander's POV

"Why did you decide to marry her?"

I follow Quincy down the stairs as he mumbles to himself. He ignores my question as he continues.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I ask. I'm not sure whether he wanted to be alone or not right now but I know that when I went through my situation with Leah, I couldn't stand being alone. I hung out with Andrew and Anthony constantly or I indulged my self with work, only allowing my assistant and Chance to enter my office. I would stay overtime and finish all types of work, some work that didn't even need to be done. I would fill out paperwork and refill it out, just to prevent myself from going home and being alone. I'm going to have to be forever grateful to Chance for him staying with me for extra hours when I was down.

Quincy turns around sharply, stumbling. I tense up at the thought of him falling down the flight of steps as he regains his balance.

"You want to know what I want you to do? I want you to fucking propose to Sophia. You guys should be the ones getting married tomorrow. You and I both know it." He snaps. His tone wasn't angry but just direct. He ran a hand through his hair, putting the cap back on.

We stare at each there for a few seconds before he begins down the stairs again. I follow behind him, not knowing what to say.

"And I don't mean wait until my nieces and or nephews are thirteen, I mean today." He says, projecting his voice a bit louder. I turn the corner and stumble down the stairs, catching up with him.

He stops suddenly again before stopping.

"To answer your question, I liked her. It was real for me at first but she just wanted to marry into money and I'm too pathetic to say no. Okay? It was sex and money for her. I used to like her. Then it was just sex for me. Okay? I regret it, I do. I'm too weak to say no. I can't say no. Okay?" He says, slapping a hand against his face and dragging it down. He lets out a huff before continuing to breathe heavy.

"I had a thought she was cheating. I knew for sure after she pulled that stunt with you. Maya asked me why she was acting like she was your girlfriend."

He was talking about how she attempted to get me to sleep with her. She and her sister had came out to the pool while Maya and I were in and began flirting with me. Being the faithful man I am, I ignored both of the women's attempts to get into my pants and continued to play with my daughter.

"I'm going for a walk. I want to be alone."

"Go back and make sure my sister and favorite niece are okay. I'll be alright. Please, remember what I said. Y'all are fucking perfect for each other."

"I will." I promise, beginning to turn around and allow Quincy some time to hisself.

"Two more things, tell Anthony to please stop calling my phone and tell Sophia before she find out some other way.. okay? I think it'd be better if she found out through you. It's not like she'll be upset, she'll understand." He says, softly. I nod, agreeing with him silently. He practically sprints down the rest of the steps and I make my way back upstairs to our floor.

When I finally get back into my room, everybody is in there. I practically have to push my way through to get to Sophia who was sitting on the bed.

I watch as Maya moves from Sophia to me, throwing her small arms around my legs. "Is Uncle Quincy alright?" She cries into my thigh. I pick her up, whispering that he is fine to her. She continues to cry while Sophia's mother speaks.