Chapter sixteen: "They're kicking!"

Alexander Parker

After relieving Sophia and ... myself, I begin to head out her room. I heard her weakly whimper as I shut her bedroom door behind me causing me to smirk.

I stand by the door, listening to see if she gets up. After a moment, I hear the bed creek and then the floor. Now, I being walking downstairs.

When I came over today, I definitely didn't expect this to happen. I definitely didn't expect her to say that.

When I arrived, the first thing I noticed about Sophia was that she was extremely red. Even when she blushed she wasn't that red and if she was, you couldn't tell because of her skin complexion. But this time, her face was completely red. The only thing that looked normal about her was her eyes, the milk chocolate color ever so curious.

Then, when I allowed my eyes to trail down her body, I knew for sure something was off. Her breast spilled over her bra and tank top and if any other guy was here, I'm sure that her breast would be all they would look at. My eyes continued to wander, noting her stomach. She looked like she was ready to give birth but I knew that wouldn't be for basically another five months.

I hated to admit it but time was going by fast. Sophia and I just got our relationship on the tracks and before you know it Sophia and Alexander mini's will be here.

I was excited. With Maya, I was so angry and upset at Leah that I could barely watch Maya. I would give her to my mother and then visit. But then my Mom straightened me out. She basically told me to get my shit together or else and with my mother, just know that or else is something you don't want. So, I got my shit together and now here I am today, walking down Sophia Matthews stairs.

As soon as I hit the bottom step, I notice the food all over the floor. Luckily, the boxes didn't break and the only thing that's really on the floor is her sprite. The top came off of the cup and spilled he contains all over the floor.

Good job Casanova.

I mocked myself as I picked up the food and left the Sprite. I'll clean it up after I get off the phone with Chance.

I call my dear cousin quickly and asking him to pick up my daughter from daycare. He told me that I asked him to do that earlier and that they were at the park currently. Then, as I hear the shower starting upstairs, I tell him what just went down between Sophia and I. He congratulated me and we hung up.

I grab Sophia's keys and practically sprint to my car, grabbing a change of clothes. I quickly change in the garage, chucking my shirt off and replacing it with a grey one. I put on some black sweatpants, quickly changing out in the open. I throw my other clothes in my trunk, observing all the toys I've hidden from Maya.

That damn Elmo toy.

I was so tired of hearing it. It was originally to encourage Maya to use the potty, the short song it sang about going to the potty but once she learned when and how to use the potty, she would just let the song play all day. I hated it. Then, she would leave it on so all night I would hear 'Elmo has to go potty!'

'Can you take Elmo to the potty?'

'Elmo has too much to drink!'

So I took it and threw it in the trunk. She wasn't even tall enough to see in there and she never asked about it so, we were good.

I run up the stairs, using Sophia's key to unlock the door. Then, I take a elevator to her floor.

Entering the elevator, I press 8. One lady was inside already, she looked to be about in her mid-60s but who am I to say so?