Chapter 17

A/n - (real quick)
Hay guys I wanted to say sorry I didn't update the other day, it was Mother's Day and I obviously spent the day with my ma watching movies 🎥 (Also I know I'm shite at grammar just tell me if I did something wrong it's just to make your reading experience much more happy) Anyway so here's the chapter I promised the other day enjoy~

In the hall ✨✨

Y/Ns PoV
Everyone was gathered round this long table from the start of the hall to the end "GATHER ROUND" Lockhart Yelled standing up on one end of the table. Everybody leaned closer to the table and people pushed and shoved to see better "Can everybody see me can everybody hear me" Lockhart said walking down the table to the other end stopping before saying "excellent" he then dramatically turns and says "In light of the dark events recently it efficient to start this duelling spells to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourself as myself have done on countless occasions for full detail see my published book" As he was saying. This he walked up to the centre and stopped ripping his cape off and flinging it too a bunch of fan girls at the back girls all gasped as he did so "Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape" Lockhart put out a hand to the opposite side of him to where everyone bent over the table to see Professor Snape getting onto the table "He has sportingly agreed to help me for today's demonstration now I don't need any of you's youngsters worryingly you'll still have your potion master when I'm through with him never fear" Lockhart says winking at the end he then turns to Snape and both of them walk closely to each other not to close then they put there wands to their faces and then to the side and both of them bowed waling away from each other then once they where far enough they turned putting their wands out reading to strike "One, Two, Three" Lockhart counted "Expelliarmus" Snape said causing Lockhart go flying backwards and landing with a

THUMP!!!

Some people started laughing some people looks concerned I was both I tried holding in my laughter but failed I giggled which Hermione waked my arm "Owww what was that for" I whined she didn't answer me back though "Do you think he's alright" she asks "Who cares" Ron replied which got him waked on the arm as well Lockhart slower got up and said "excellent idea to show them that but Professor Snape But it was pretty obvious what you where going to do and if I wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy" "Perhaps it would be good to teach the students how to block a friendly spell Professor" Snape coldly says "An excellent suggestion Professor Snape lets have a volunteer pair" Lockhart looks around then Harry and Y/n caught his eye "Ah Potter L/n how about you's" "Wouldn't it not be easier to send one of my Students and isn't Miss L/n wand broken she'll send Potter to the hospital wing" "But it isn't my wand thats broken it's Ro-" "ENOUGH I would suggest you stop talking unless you want an detention" Snape Yelled at you which you just rolled your eyes at "Malfoy perhaps" he says turning and pointing at Malfoy Lockhart looks at me and Harry with sorrow in his eyes.

Once Harry and Draco where up Lockhart zoomed past Harry saying "Good luck Potter" Harry mumbled "Thanks sir."

All of a sudden it got tense in the hall.

Every step both of them took everyone got more and more tense till they both stop face to face eye to eye a couple of inches away from their faces. I felt bad for Harry duelling Malfoy that brat faced twit I'm one hundred percent sure that he will cheat somehow "Wands at the ready" shouted Lockhart they both put there wands beside their faces.

"Scared Potter" Malfoy sneered.

"You wish" Harry responded proudly.

The hall eagerly watched as they took steps backwards and turning into their defensive positions, "Now on the count of three cast your charm to disarm your opponent ONLY!! To Disarm we don't want any accidents here" I look at Hermione and Ron they look more afraid then Harry himself "One,Two-."

"EVERTE STATUM" Draco yelled his spell made Harry go flying backwards and falling on his side the whole of Slytherin laughed loudly while the others looked in fear and hatred. It didn't take long for Harry to recover all the Slytherins stoped laughing and looked surprised and some even amazed Harry swiftly got up and casted.

"RICTUSEMPRA" This time Draco was the one who went flying and landing on his ass now some people from different houses started laughing I did as well I laughed at the sight of him being dragged back up and pushed back onto his feet by Snape "I SAID DISARM ONLY" Yelled Lockhart.

But Draco didn't listen "SERPENSORTIA" He shouted which made a snake appear out and flung onto the table it slithered it's way up to Harry hissing "Don't move Potter ill get rid of it for you" Snape said walking forward "Allow me Professor Snape Alarte Ascendare" Lockhart said making the Snake not disappear but be flung into the air and back down again with a loud-

THUD!!!!

The snake started moving around again it stops when Harry approach's and started speaking Parseltounge he directed the snake towards some student I knew what he was trying to do he was trying to attack someone so I did what I was taught to do speak Parseltounge.

Everyone's attention was now on myself which I didn't care about anymore I told the snake to move away from the student it started moving backwards that's when Professor Snape said "Vipera Evanesca" the snake suddenly burned away.

"What you playing at" He said towards Harry then turned to me "You two" I retaliated with sass and said "Oi We where the ones who saved you from the Snake so how about a thank you."

When we left the hall Hermione pulled me up the stairs to the Gryffindors common room with herself and Ron and Harry "You both are Parselmouths why didn't you tell us" "I'm a What" "A Parselmouth we can talk to snakes" "I didn't know o did accidentally set a Python at Dudley in the zoo once Harry told us Ron looked shocked rising his eyebrows and went wide eye "Once but so what I bet loads of people here can do it" "No they can't it's not a very common gift Harry this is bad" Hermione said "How is it bad my father taught me how to do it" I said "Yeah Y/n can do it as well so what's bad about it. if I hadn't had told the Snake not to attack" "So that's what you where saying Y/n what did you say" Ron ask's me "I told the Snake not to do what he was doing he doesn't want to hurt someone for something he was basically forced to do by a spell" Ron looked shocked and so did the other a bit "But you heard me speak it didn't you" "No I heard you both speaking Parsletounge Snake language" "I spoke a different language" Ron and Hermione nodded then Harry turns to me and I say "I heard what you said Harry but as much as I hate saying it Ron's right other people can't hear Parsletounge unless you are one yourself" He then turns back to all three of us "But i didn't realise....." he took a moment to think "How can I speak a language that o don't even know about" "I don't know Harry but it sounded like you where egging the Snake on or something Harry listen to me theres really a reason why the Slytherin house has a Python, Salazar Slytherin was a Parslemouth he could talk to snakes too" "Exactly now the whole schools gonna think your his great great great great great great great great great grate great Grandson or something" Ron said "But I'm not I can't be" "He lived thousands of years ago for all we know you could be" Hermione said filled with sadness Harry then turns to me and says "What about Y/n she's one as well" they all turn to me and I say "Well my father was a Slytherin so I might be but I'm not taking any chances."