Chapter 43--To be continued...

That was fun, wasn't it?

Go, on you know it was. You didn't really think we'd burn the building down but here we are. You probably didn't think I'd murder Ebbel either, the way things were going for a while.

Yes it's me.

Disappointed?

I don't think so.

The universe would be a much less interesting place without me in it, wouldn't you agree? Oh it would be more peaceful, I give you that. but much less invigorating. Who would we have doing evil deeds, lying and scheming. You can't love the Toms and Harrises and Quentins, without hating me. I give you the lens through which you can enjoy them. You cannot have true joy without knowing pain.

And I'm the pain.

So I'll teach you some harsh lessons, show you some wondrous things, we'll have a fine time. because this isn't over. This most certainly isn't over. I've got far too much to do. You can't have yin without yang, heroes without villains. And you can't have Space without Titus Card.

Oh, you have to be going now? That is a shame. I've enjoyed your company over the past few days. You haven't mine? That's all right, you don't have to. come back though when you have some time. when you're angry when you're hurting, when the world isn't fair. Lock it up in here. and then it will disappear into space. Waste an hour with us let the never-ending darkness absorb all the misery and the sadness, and the light of my stars heal your pain. We'll do it together. and there will be more adventures when come back again. I promise.

So do come back. We have much more magic up our sleeves.

Oh, now you don't want to leave? Don't. you're making me blush. You know how I hate happy endings. Don't say you'll miss me. we both know that isn't true. or isn't it? You're used me perhaps. No, you absolutely despise me? well, you're still reading, aren't you? So you be the judge of that.

You won't miss me you'll miss them? Well they're here, and I'm here, and so are you. go on, it's over for now, the tales been told, the story is at an end. we'll be all right, save the best laughs for when you're around.

So, goodbye. For now. We'll be waiting here till you find your way back to the Cygnus galaxy.

The End (for now...)