Goodbye?

As a great man once said "our revels now are ended".

The heroes have won, the villain is slain, and you have before you a happy ending.

And my story is done. Is it not as I promised, full of the love, betrayal, murder, redemption, heroes, villains, monsters, magic, sword fights, chases, trickery, and above all, Spacemen? I hope it was well worth the ride. For there are no more pages. This is the last and soon it will be done, you will set aside this meager volume. So leave now, look up, check the time, take a breath. It is over.

The good guys won.

Happy aren't you?

Oh, yes, well I'm still here. But not for long. My tale has been told. It is time for my journeys to continue, off the page. I think it'll be quite entertaining, don't you? Something a bit different from what we've done here now. It's time to say goodbye. No more pages, no more chapters, no more squinting at the text. All that is ended for us.

Yes I shall go on. Of course, what do you think happens to stories when you put them down? You've got your happy ending. But I have no end. None of us that exist here between the sheets have a true end. You know where I am.

Or maybe you don't.

Maybe that's as unknown to you now as it is to me.

We'll let's find out, shall we? Where do I go when you slam it down? How does it end. Won't you look up and I'll still be there. Yes right there. inside your head. Because I've gotten there now. and try as you might, you won't forget me. a part of you is me now. and I'll live on in your dreams. Because dreams are all we have here.

At

The end.