Chapter Six - Hogwarts Express

Y/n pov

You went to get all your things in order cause tomorrow you'd be going to Hogwarts. You had gotten all books and were of course not surprised when the next day you woke up early to get the train. You looked at it differently something felt off. You ignored it and sat in a car with Alli, Bay and Zoey.

You were all talking about the summer and how Zoey had gotten really good at controlling all her powers and was excited to start third year, you also heard she befriended Ginny. You smiled and laughed talking until you heard a familiar voice talking big outside your car.

"Father actually considered sending me to Durmstrang. He knows the headmaster... Dumbledore is such a muggle lover Durmstrang doesn't allow that sort of riff raff. But mother didn't like it." You waked out and Malfoy stopped seeing you.

"I know you like it here Draco." With Draco knowing where this was going, he shooed away Crabbe and Goyle and they wandered off.

"What do you mean L/n?" Draco sneered to keep up appearances.

"I mean, that Hogwarts is where your father went, it's were your friends are, I know you and I know you're smart, you do well here." You said making the pureblood blush.

"I'm still no better than that Mudblood friend of yours." Draco stated, you knew his father got on his case about being worse than a muggleborn.

"Draco!" You snap at him, knowing Hermione didn't deserve that.

"Sorry..." He paused before going on. "Hermione still beats me in certain classes, which makes my father... well you've met him." You nodded knowing Lucius was not a nice man.

"You know, maybe if you two worked together in classes you'd be the smartest team." You told him making him scoff.

"Like I'd ever be a blood traitor like you." He stated, you realised something must've happened making him more stuck up then usual.

"Malfoy... I get it, pureblood expectations, your parents don't control your future you know." You remind him holding his wrist.

"I... I'm still not friends with Granger." He said.

"That's fine." You told him.

"What are you smiling about?" Draco asked.

"Upgraded to her name?" Draco's cheeks flushed red and he broke eye contact.

"Don't tell anyone." He muttered nervous.

"Okay 'Dracy'" you tease making the eyes Pansy Parkinson makes at him.

"Ugh." He groans making you laugh. Little did you know the golden trio and your friends had just heard your whole conversation.

Third person Pov

"He called me Granger." Hermione noted.

"He's not a complete and utter prat to her." Ron stated.

"Yeah... it makes me wonder what pureblood expectations are, I mean Sirius, Y/n, Malfoy and you Ron, it's all different." Harry stated not understanding pureblood expatiations.

"Really strong pureblood families especially Slytherin pureblood families feel strongly about blood purity and some muggleborns. Y/n is most likely expected to marry into a pureblood family." Ron said.

"What about Y/n's feelings, I mean her family was strongly Slytherin until her mother and father." Harry asked thinking that that changed things.

"That's just it, her mother is a Ravenclaw and her father is a Hufflepuff. But her mom was raised wit pureblood pressures. Dad said she was a smart girl but her family was abusive if she found interest in anyone who wasn't strong or pure blooded." Ron said, making Hermione scrunch up her nose.