Chapter forty one - Explanation

Y/n pov

"Severus." Dumbledore called making you both walk back into the room. "please tell madam Pomfrey to come down here, we need to get Alastor Moody into the hospital wing. Then go onto the grounds and get him to this office. Tell him I'll be in the hospital wing in half an hour's time." Snape nodded and left the room.

"Y/n are you able to come with me and Harry?" Dumbledore asked looking at your leg.

"Yes sir." You said keeping up with Harry and Dumbledore.

"Sirius is waiting for us in my office." Dumbledore whispered to the two of you. You immediately looked down, you had failed him.

You didn't want to think about tonight, you just saw you and Cedric holding eachother, then Cedric dead, your father dead, Wormtail, the curse that had made you speechless and limp from your bonds... the blood that continued to spill form your body, the cries into the night, it was worse than anything you could imagined.

"Professor... where are mister and Mrs. Diggory?" Harry asked making you bite your lip.

"They're with professor sprout," You heard Dumbledore's voice waver "She was head of Cedrics house and she knew him best." Soon enough you were at the stone gargoyle that lead to dumbledores office. You followed them up the staircase afraid to see Sirius again.

In one swift motion Sirius had crossed the room to Harry.

"Harry, are you all right? I knew it – I knew something like this – what happened?" He asked as he guided Harry to a chair in front of the desk. You sat in a chair beside Harry you could see he was pale.

"What happened?" Sirius asked more urgently. Dumbledore sat across from the two of you behind his desk and you looked down as Dumbledore recalled what Crouch had admitted.

"Harry, Y/n I need you both to tell me everything that happened after you touched that portkey in the maze." Dumbledore said simply.

"That can wait till the morning, look at him, he needs rest." Sirius said looking at his godson.

"If I though I could help by letting him rest and just finding it all myself I would, but I cannot. Harry you've shown bravery unlike anything I could've expected of you tonight but I must ask you to relive it all again tonight." Dumbledore asked. You felt ignored but didn't know if that was good or bad.

"Sir, if I could at least start... maybe help Harry easy into it." You said making your presence really known by Sirius. You saw Fawkes rest on Harrys lap out of the corner of your eye.

"Yes." Dumbledore said making you take a shaky breath. You looked at Harry and gave a simple nod telling him it was all going to be oaky.

You told them that you, Cedric and Harry and taken the cup, you explained up to Cedrics death, you stopped and took a sharp intake of breath and Harry squeezed your hand. He started talking and he told them about Wormtail about the sparkling potion, he mentioned the death eaters returning around the graves. A few times Sirius made a noise if to say something but Dumbledore put his hand up to stop him which you could tell Harry was grateful for. Harry finally got to Wormtail piercing your skin with the dagger, you remember the twisting motion he did just so you would suffer. Dumbledore came over as Harry continued to explain that the same happened to him, just a gash though. You lifted your left are and showed him same with Harry.

"He said my blood would make him stronger than if he used someone else's... that the protection my mother gave me he'd have too." Harry explained.

"He was about to hurt me the first time and that's when Y/n-" Harry stopped and looked at you. You looked at him remembering the events that came next.