Chapter seven - Mad-eye Moody

Y/n pov

You get out and walk with the twins, Peter and Cedric.
You were walking down the corridor to the sorting ceremony when you get pulled into someone's arms and where you were standing a water balloon hits the floor getting your socks wet. You look up to see Peeves laughing with more water balloons. You finally look at who pulled you out of the way and see Cedric with you tightly in his arms.

"Thanks, Ced." You said untangling yourself from the Hufflepuff.

You continue to walk with everyone to the great hall, you sat at the table and turned to where Josh would normally sit but realized he was no longer at the school... you had barley spoke to him last year. You held onto your hand until you saw Zoey, Alli and Bay who sat beside you.

"Hey!" They all said excited you smiled, this really felt like your home away from home... you do miss Josh though.

You listened to everything and noticed Snape glaring at the twins no doubt happy to take points off suspecting them of last years prank, which you were the mastermind of.

Dumbledore Began to speak and you were expecting the normal rant about not going into the woods being carful and some curfews but then something changed.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house quidditch cup will not take place this year." Your mouth fell agape.

"What!?" Bay yelled outraged; you had guessed she was more than anticipating finally getting on the team.

Many blank faces and a few more shouts and murmurs before Dumbledore spoke again.
"This is due to an event that will be starting in October and continuing throughout the school year. But I am sure you'll all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"

A boom of thunder and lightning, the great halls door's had opened and you looked and saw a silhouette of a man, when the lighting revealed his face it was none other than Mad-eye Moody, the famous Dark wizard catcher, you were shocked to see him in person the way your father talked about him. 'An amazing man and an even better wizard.'
You saw him as we walked with his cane to the from and took his seat.

Dumbledore cleared his throat again and all attention was back on him "Hogwarts will be home to two other schools and will be hosting, the tri-wizard tournament." A roar of cheers mostly from Fred Weasley arose.

You were listening to all the details; you would be worried about all the risks. You laughed at Fred's excitement but knowing the death toll, you grew concerned about Fred until Dumbledore mentioned the age limit of seventeen or older making you sigh in relief.

You walk out and to the common room, you stayed back to make sure all first years were through before you went yourself. You got to your room and Bay and Alli both having opposite reactions to the news. Bay was excited because she wanted to join, and was all in for the sport and was thinking of ways to pass as seventeen. Meanwhile Alli was more nervous than ever about hearing the words death toll. She was more concerned about Bay's attempts to get in, you on the other hand were glad you didn't have to worry about anything this year, no threats and you couldn't go into the tournament even if for some crazy reason you wanted to. You took the vile your sister gave you to contact her, moved into the other room and sent word you wanted to talk.

"Hey sis." She answered.

"Guess what!" You said excitedly having a feeling she may've already known.

"What?" she asks.

"We're hosting the Triwizard tournament!"

"No way! I thought they banned it?" She asked.