Chapter twenty three - The Yule Ball

Y/n pov

You then got checked up and were free to go as normal. You wished Peter a good night sleep even though he couldn't hear you. You saw a peaceful look on his face. You let him be and it was officially two days before the ball. You slept basically day. You forgot you didn't have a new dress... you might just wear one you always had on you, it was black and lace, it wasn't bad, just not a spark. You went on with your new day hanging around the other champions as you were with Cedric and Cho just talking you could tell she had felt nervous about accepting Cedric's offer but you told her not to worry about it and you were happy for her.

You were talking with Krum as Sebastian came up giving you more to talk about, you were laughing and really enjoying the company, though a young redhead came by you knew well.

He was looking at Fleur and walked up to her that's the most confidence you've seen Ron have ever. Then he practically screamed at her that he wanted to take her to the ball, Fleur laughed at how red and pale the boy got before scattering off. Many Beauxbatons students chuckled you just felt bad for Ron.

You talked to Sebastian and he pulled you aside.

"Do you have someone you're going to the dance with?" He asked. You sighed if only you didn't.

"Uh... Yes. I'm sorry." You tell him.

"Oh, okay." He said looking disappointed.

"But, he's just a friend of mine...uh, I'd still love to dance with you, if you'll have me." You said rubbing your neck.

"Oh of course." He said brightly.

"Thanks... It's getting late so I should get going back..." You said nervously.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said making you even more flustered. So, you just nodded and hastily walked back.

On your way back to the dorm you heard a loud caw and turned to see your family owl. With a huge package you catch it and the owl immediately dives for the great hall where many are eating dinner.

You look at the note.

"I'm sorry it's late, but your dress, I had some help to make it.
-Kathy.

You ran to your dormitories and opened it, it was beautiful, huge, screamed heir of Slytherin. You safely put it away and smiled you were going to make a huge entrance tomorrow.

**********************************

You woke up early and saw that for once both girls were awake.

"Y/n the Yule Ball is today!!!" Bay shouts jumping excitedly. Given you have the day off you slept in.

"It's at seven PM not AM you do know that?" You tell them checking the time on the wall.

Yes but we should start getting things set up and around five we should get ready, I mean makeup, dress, hair.

"Good point." You said getting up out of bed.

"I'm just going to go and see my friends and I'll meet you back here at five." You said throwing on an outfit before leaving.

You went to the medical ward and opened the door you saw Peter sliding on a new shirt and caught glimpse of all his old scars, his most notable was one he couldn't have done to himself and it was two big claw marks dragging down his back and in between a bite mark, you wondered how old was he received them. You looked away and sighed.

"Hey Y/n." He said.

"Oh hey." You said looking back at him. "How are you feeling?"

"Good, I'm excited for tonight." He said. You felt different seeing all his scars, your mind was running through the event of a little boy walking around in the woods and clearly from behind being pounced on by Greyback. You shook your head and got back into the moment.