Chapter twenty one - Dancing With The Devil

Y/n pov

You were hanging around the great hall sitting across from Hermione catching up on some work with Snape supervising.

You were all talking in hushed whispers as to not get in trouble.

"This is mad, at this rate we'll be the only one at Yule without dates." Ron said to Harry.

"Well us and Neville." Harry said.

"Yeah well maybe he can take himself." Ron joked.

"In fact, you may want to know Neville already has got someone." Hermione said.

"Ginny, I believe." You added.

"Oh, now I'm really depressed." Ron commented. You go back to work and ignored it until you saw a prankster red head out of the corner of your eye.

You watched Fred throw a page at Ron then when asked who he was going with his got Angelina's attention and quite respectfully asked her to which she said yes.

"Well, Hermione. You're a girl." You saw Harry put his arm on Ron's should telling him t was a bad idea.

"Well spotted." She whispered harshly.

"Can we-" Snape hit Ron and Harry with the books making you silently laugh a little.

"It's one thing for a bloke to be going alone, but for a girl it's just sad." Ron said.

"I won't be going alone because believe it or no someone has asked me." Hermione hissed at him. She picked up her books and handed them in.

"And I said yes." She said harshly as she left.

"She doesn't have to lie." Ron muttered.

"She's not Ron. If you wanted to ask her than you should've before. She's not just someone you can forget about until they're all you've got." You said before standing handing Snape your book and walking out after Hermione.

"Hermione!" You call out catching up with her.

"Hermione wait!" You tell him.

"Just go away." She said.

"No. Listen Ron's a jerk. I don't know who asked you to the dance but they better make you happy." You said.

"I promise they will." She said.

'Okay. Do you want to hang out in the Library?" You offered.

"Actually, I was hoping to practice my hair for the dance." Hermione said.

"Okay, well tell me if you want or need any help." You told her.

*********************************

It was only a few nights before the dance and tonight was a full moon but even worse, each house students fourth year and up who were attending the dance would be taking a mandatory lesson on dance. You sat in a huge room, girls on the right, boys on the left. When you walk in, you could see the sun reflect through the windows. Of course, this class was taught by your head of house meaning Snape would be teaching yours.

"You'll all be representing Slytherin. I do not want any, and I mean any insolence." Snape said sternly. "Though I know most of you know how to dance, I will choose two to demonstrate any volunteers?" He asked. No one raised their hand and he smirked.

"L/n will you join me here?" He more demanded you got up your friends laughing and you shot them a look as they waved.

"And Malfoy." You just felt your jaw drop out of all the dance partners you get it has to be Draco? (Snape ships it!!!)

You held his shoulder and hand. You felt him put his hand on your waist and you blushed. You could feel Pansy's anger and jealously with your back turned.

You began to dance as the music came on avoiding eye contact with the Malfoy, but he wasn't having that. He spun you making you look him in the eyes when you got back around.

"Are you trying to avoid me?" He asks.

"Me avoid you? You were avoiding me." You said. Thankfully the music was loud enough so that when you muttered to eachother no one else would hear.

"Maybe... but after the first task I realize something." He said.

"Which is?" You ask.

"This isn't the time or place." He tells you.

"You always do this." You sigh.

"Do what?"

"Become closed off when we're getting somewhere." You said getting annoyed.

"... Is that my necklace?" he asks, you look down and notice in the spin the key necklace must've shown itself.

"Yes..." you said mad at yourself for never taking it off.

"You still wear it?" He questioned you confused.

"I uh... haven't taken it off since you gave it to me, not unless I needed to." You told him.

"..."

"Heh, you know you're a lousy dancer." He commented after you kicked his foot on the way.

"Yeah?" you ask him.

"I bet your dance partner is going be terrified." He snidely commented.

"I actually haven't gotten around to that." You admit.

"Wait really?" he asks nearly falling on his face.

"Yeah. Who are you going with?" you ask.

"Uh... Pansy..." He said.

"Right, I heard rumors." You told him.

"I'm... sorry." He said with true remorse in his voice.

"Don't be, it's not like we're close right?" You ask just as the song ends.

You step away from him and he seems nervous which is different from his normal stature.

"Good. Now if everyone could find a partner and practice." Snape instructed.

You saw Blaise and offered him your hand. He glanced at Malfoy before he took your hand.

"It's just practice, not the real thing pretty boy." You remind him.

"Right." He laughed.

You danced and were pleased by how well Blaise was he knew how to float with his partner. After the practice you all were dismissed.

(So if you want I can post the Yule Ball part on Christmas/ Christmas Eve for some of you, or just edit it and post it tomorrow or early Tuesday. Tell me what'd you prefer cause I've got 1 more fully edited chapter before the Yule Ball which I'll save for tomorrow. Also I know it's a short chapter it's cause of what's next and the Yule ball taking priority.)