Chapter Seventeen - The First Task

Y/n pov

Today was the day, you'd have to face a dragon. You felt terrified. Your heart was pounding in your chest. You were walking around the hall all morning; you were stopped by Cedric.

"Hey, they're asking for us in the tent." He said making you nod you took a bite of toast before leaving giving one last look at the girls who gave you a thumbs up. You noticed the blonde pureblood Slytherin watching you leave but were too nervous to do anything.

"Okay." You huffed walking to the tent trying to calm yourself down.

"Hey. It'll be okay." Cedric promised.

"I'm not so sure about that Cedric." You tell him thinking about it, wizards were one thing, spells, predictable, creatures were different.

"Why?" Ced asked you.

"I'm an underage witch about to go up against a huge beast, which can spit fire, scratch me and-" Cedric cut you off before you could spiral.

"I won't let anything happen to you." He promised.

"Thanks, Ced." You said holding his hand to the tent. When you got there, fleur, Krum were already there and Harry followed soon after.

You were pacing, Fleur was almost shaking in nerves, looking pale and clammy and Cedric was going over his plan of attack muttering also pacing. Krum looked zoned out but pale his gaze not wavering.

"Well, now that we're all here, time to fill you in. you see once the audience has filled in, we'll get you to pick from this bag, it has models of what your facing given there are a variety." Bagman announced to you all even though you were sure everyone knew what they were up against.

"There is something else I have to tell you too; your goal is to get and bring back the golden egg." You nodded, Dragons were protective so it was a mother dragon and her young clearly.

You all nodded in understanding and went back to your spots you were freaking out when you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"Josh!?" You say out of excitement before hugging him.
"But how are you here?" you ask the boy.

"Well I should be asking you the same thing. But I got a job at the ministry thanks to your mum over there." He said pointing behind you.

"Mum?" You ask, you look behind you to wear he was pointing and see your mother speaking with bagman.

"Mum..." You trot over to her and just as they finish their conversation you hug your mother.

"What are you doing here? You ask her."

"Sports/ Events with Bagman, I helped organize a lot of this, I only wish I knew my own daughter was going to enter." She said as you let her go.

"I didn't-" You attempted to explain.

"There'll be time for that later. I'm not allowed to talk for long but I want you to remember you're strong... and don't hold back, show Barty who you are." Your mother whispers in your ear while hugging you.

"I will mum." You said.

"Good girl." She said holding your shoulders.

"I know you're scared." You attempted to tell her but she cut you off she never was one to talk about her fears.

"I'm not scared. You'll get through this, if you need help that's one of the reasons Josh was brought along, his high marks makes him good to step in if things get bad... But only if I give them word along with Bagman." She tells you.