Chapter thirty one - Centaurs

Y/n pov

Given the train left you took the very long way back, it wasn't all terrible though, you could see the wonderful scenery of spring slowly changing into summer. As you headed through the woods on your paws you heard a familiar voice calling out to you.

"Findri?" You ask standing back up.

"Y/n! I have splendid news." He said coming to a halt in front of you.

"Which are?" You ask.

"My father said yes, if you are able, tomorrow meet me by the lake at dusk, I'll bring you to where we reside so you can meet my family, see my home." He explained.

"Perfect." You smiled.

You were so excited that the class hours flew by, you  finally got up to go to the lake you wore simple layers and took your bag with you to showcase your potion making skills and you hoped in case you needed to get out fast it'd be helpful. Findri came to you by the lake with a black rag.

"Blindfold?" You asked.

"Yes... precautions." He said.

"Of course." You said as you tied it around your eyes. You felt Findri lift you up onto his back you didn't have much to hold onto you. You were sort of hugging his back making him laugh.

"Anything I should know?" You ask.

"Don't insult anyone, be humble." He told you.

You nodded and soon enough the boy stopped and you swung you legs off of him, you felt two different people grab your arms and when you looked it was two different centaurs and Findri taking off your blindfold.

"Why your father agreed to this I won't understand." One said gruffly.

"Please." Findri said. The two basically carried you deeper into the woods until you went into a cave, small one and inside you saw it a tall centaur, the one who had fought along side you before. The two centaurs stood beside you letting your feet hit the forest floor and luckily Findri stood alongside his father.

"Magorian." You bowed. "It's an honour to meet you again."

"You wanted to learn skills and gain friendship in exchange?" He asked.

"In exchange for loyalty, and knowledge, I will offer any knowledge and skill I have to off alone with my own loyalty to you and your people, not that you don't already have it." You told him.

"We normally do not enjoy magic foke like you, given our pasts." He said sternly.

"I think it's important to build a bond with people and creatures all over." You told him.

"So you'd teach us what?" He asked.

"Potions, any spells you need to know in order to understand what spells mean in the event some are fired at you." You told him.

"So you plan for us to be attacked." He said stomping his hoof.

"No. I don't but even myself have been attacked by those who seek power." You tell him with great confidence.

"You've already had to prove yourself." He stated referring to your fight and saving Findri from a simple wound.

"Pardon?" One centaur asked in surprise.

"When she saved my Son and helped him heal. What skills do you wish to learn most?" he asked you.

"Your hand to hand combat, and weapons training, alongside hunting." You requested.

"Why?" he asked.

"Sir, I've learned everything through magic, I think this would be an incredible skill set to have in the event I have no wand. I can't rely on magic or my wand for everything." You explain to him. It remained silent for a few beats.

"I trust her." He announced.

"Sir!? You can not be serious!" Another Centaur spoke out.

"I've seen her in combat two years ago, if she can improve, she could bridge a gap of knowledge for us and the magical community." Magorian said sternly.

"When shall I start?" You ask eager.

"Now." He said. He went out of the cave and so did Findri nodding for you to follow

You followed him out of the cave and looked back at the two angry Centaurs. He lead you to a semi-remote location.

Magorian handed you a knife, it was different from any knife you owned.

"Different correct?" He asked.

"Yes. Why is that?" You asked him.

"A throwing knife. Perfectly balanced. You cannot take any knife and throw, this skill will allow you to make close range and further range with a balanced object. Starting with the knife." He told you.

"Can I see a-" before you could say 'demonstration' his answer was out.

"No."

"M'kay." You muttered.

You took a deep breath. You needed a target first, the tree, you envisioned the movement, did it twice without letting go and feeling fluent. You realised the knife, it was fairly spot on though it hit the tree backwards and bounced towards the ground.

"Again." Magorian ordered.

You tried again, it stuck to the root of the tree but that was barley an accomplishment.

"Again." He ordered.

So, you did it again and again and again, until it was dawn. You finally had one that had hit the tree and stuck to it.

"Come again tomorrow." He said.

And so you did, you did for about four weeks until you had learned to fish, hunt, throw knifes with accuracy, and shoot a bow. On the opposite side, you taught them what certain spells to and what can and can't be countered, what potions they could make from their environment.

You had one more thing Findri really wanted you to learn.

"What is it Findri?" You ask him seeing his gaze.

"I want you to get a genuine vision." He answered.

"I can't call upon one like that you should know that." You tell him.

"I know but with your permission I want to see if I can trigger one." He said.

"Go ahead." You said.

You laid down in some taller grass in the woods and Findri and you sat in silence the atmosphere of the night changed as if you were sleeping.

You saw the hooded girl, you saw her and oddly she was staring at the two of you and Findri you could see it through her eyes. You gasped making Findri look at you confused and you raced off to where you saw the clocked girl, you found nothing but some blood you assumed to be an animals.

You ignored your instincts and told Findri you had to go.

(After all, one has no idea when this training may come in handy.)