Chapter twenty - Findri's Plan

Y/n pov

You stared into the darkness of your dream.

'who is she?' You thought trying to control the darkness, you saw a wedding ring crash to the floor.
"What does that mean!?" You call out unsure. You pick up the ring. It looks like your mothers...

"You already know... you're growing suspicions." The voice of Tom riddle said.

"shut up coward." You shout, dropping the ring.

"I'm just inside your head, if I'm telling you that you know, what does that mean?" He asks.

"My family is innocent." You said he laughed.

"Kathy wasn't old enough to fight, nor were you. Yet where's your father? maybe that's why he hid his records, fighting along side his brother? You mum's sister was killed? Do you think that could've driven her away knowing if she'd joined the winning side her sister could've been saved?" Tom asked making you put your hands over your ears.

"Stop it." You plead.

"Maybe it is Kathy? The first born, pure and unafraid, maybe she was tired of being compared to the perfect little second born... most powerful? The Heir to power untold." Tom laughed.

"Stop it!" You said pointing your wand into the darkness.

"Maybe it's josh... or maybe one of your Slytherin friends begging for protection." Tom insisted you hated him.

"STOP!" you begged the darkness.

"look at you... pathetic, destroyed by the thought of anyone you love betraying you." He said steeping into you vision.

"I know my family." You muttered. Suddenly you saw Kathy, she hugged you, followed by your father, mother, Hermione, Josh, Harry, Draco, Ron, Pete, Cedric, The twins. Everyone that cared about you even Neville, Blaise and Sebastian were there... even Snape, Sirius, Remus and Molly. They were all there, surrounding you. you. You stood up and looked at Tom.

"You're not here." You reminded yourself.

"and?" He asked.

"You have no power over me." You said tall.

"i... I do." He muttered.

"Not if I take it away."

You stepped forward and like glass the darkness began to shader from beneath Tom, he screamed and you watched him disappear into the light from below.

You watched as in reverse they all left Kathy giving you a sad smile and playful punch before she too walked back into the darkness. You felt somehow more guilty after seeing how many people loved you.

You woke up and did your own research, your parents had little to no record in the war, though you did find record that your mother was briefly gone just a few days before her sister was killed by a unnamed death eater who apparently escaped after your mother attempted to attack the killer.

"Did my mother help a murder get away?" you thought.
"No..." you laughed at was insane.

'M/n L/n was an Auror though in the war that'd didn't matter as anyone who could fight was urged to, she was brough in for medical attention than left to be with her husband and two children where she later joined the Ministry in the sports and events as her husband took care of sectioning the dark arts and watched for signs of any dark magic spikes and death eater returns. As of now the L/n family is not under any watch as they are not suspected of any Dark activities.' You almost scoffed. This must've been before you were accepted into Hogwarts. You closed the book and ran outside. Your mother was... she couldn't have hurt anyone? Right? You ran and ran until you stood at the edge of the woods you felt the snow on your sweater growing. You just stood in the Scotland winter thinking, more like overthinking.