Chapter twenty eight - The Second Task

Y/n pov

You unfortunately had to drag Peter up the stairs as this moon was really hard for him. He managed to get a gash on the back of his neck from him freaking out early on.

You were tried from not sleeping but were happy with it, you stayed in the wing and got a few hours of shut eye until a familiar Hufflepuff woke you up.

"Hey Ced." You said exhausted.

"Get changed, the task is staring soon." He said giving you your stuff.

You wore a swimsuit with a holder for your wand if you needed it, under your normal tournament wear and tied your hair back following Cedric out.

You watched boats leading out to a platform out in the middle of the lake. You and Cedric got in one and were led to the dock. You made it and that's where most witches and wizards were watching, some stayed on sore to support from there with binoculars and stuff like that.

You smiled at the cool wind.

"You nervous." Cedric stated dumbly.

"Always." You laughed. You noticed the way Cedric was looking at you was different.

"Are you okay?" he asks you knew he was referring to the full moon.

"I'm fine." You promised.

"Okay." He said still glancing your way every now and then.

You both climbed onto the docks.

Fleur and Victor were there Victor gave you a friendly smile and Fleur nodded at you which you assumed was meant to be a friendly gesture but her face told a different story.

You noticed she was already in a swimsuit and many were ogling her, you just noticed Harry pulling in with a small smile on his face, you knowing that you'd start soon you took off your normal uniform and got a wolf whistle, you turned to death glare, if not punch the person who did it only to see Fred Weasley.

"Don't think I won't hex you for that later." You said glancing at the judges table where Percy took Barty's place again.

"Nice going Freddie." George muttered.

"heh." He half laughed realizing he messed up.

"Harry... do you have a plan?" you whispered when he was close to only you.

"Sorta, Gillyweed, Neville gave it to me." He told you.

"Okay... I hope it works." You said to him.

You waited for the countdown noticing your mother and you shivered. You didn't trust her... even if those dreams were just dreams, she was acting odd, she never opened up, never talked... it was getting in your head.

You looked at your wand which you had hexed to keep waterproof with the help of Bay's wand and Alli's research.

"On my whistle, you'll have an Hour to recover what we took from you. An hour exactly." Bagman tells you.

"Three...Two...One." You cast the charm as you dive into the water and take a deep breath making sure it works, it does, you swim and swim the water like ice making you take shallow breaths.

You knew to avoid some things and you knew Grindylows were there, you avoided tall seaweed and swam fast making yourself go faster, you heard the song of the Merpeople and knew exactly where you were going remembering seeing a civilization , you swam towards it the song getting more clear.

You saw it five hostages ties to stones at the bottom of the lake, there was Hermione, Ron, Cho Chang, a girl who was about eight and looked a lot like Fleur and Draco beside Her. You notice Harry looking for rocks to cut their ties, you knew a spell to create a sword, praise your father for making it.

You used your want and cast the spell and a sword appears, you touch Draco's face, he's cold and pale, You see Cedric come up and take Cho and you see Krum who was transfigured as a shark at least the top half of him was. You smiled and took Draco up coming third after Krum but you waited on the latter, Fleur was already up there shivering coughing up water.

"If you're here that means..." You looked down immediately. Suddenly two head popped out of the water, Ron and Fleurs sister, Ron helped the little girl toward the latter and you made sure she was up.

"Where's Harry?" You ask him.

"I don't know..." Ron said getting up on the docks.

"Y/n don't-" Cedric begged as a towel was being placed on his shoulders.

"Sorry Ced." You said before you dived down casting your charm.

You saw Harry being pulled down by Grindylows, "Off him!" you yelled casting a spell at them. You grabbed Harrys hand and began to drag him up, he was heavy, but not as bad as dragging Peter up the stairs. You both breached the water. Harry gasped and coughed, you helped him reach the latter and you both got up, you heaved and laughed looking at Harry.

"Told ya I wouldn't leave you behind." You said making Harry laugh a bit. You were wrapped in a towel and you looked over at Draco who was soaking wet and made your way to him.

Before either of you could say anything you hugged him. He hugged back. You never wanted to see him like that again.

"Are you okay?" You ask him your hand to his cheek.

"A bit lightheaded, how are you?" He asked.

"Happy that everyone's okay." You said looking back to see Fleur holding her sister close and thanking Harry and Ron so much for saving her sister.

You were all scored, you were looked at oddly you assumed you had the lowest score, Cedric, forty seven, Krum forty, Fleur twenty five and Harry got Forty five, making him tie with Cedric.

"L/n used the Bubblehead charm advanced for her age, she also was just outside of the time limit in returning, but managed to help a fellow champion we award her forty points." You smiled cheered.

You were now in second, you felt awful all the top people were Hogwarts students.

"So..." Draco said. "I'm what you'd miss most dear?" he laughed and you smiled.

"I... uh... shut up." You said with a smile and a unknowing red tint on your face.

"I'm not complaining." He said making you want to hug him again.

"You'll never let me live this down." You said through a smile.

"Nope." He smirked but really you could feel the connection, no ulterior motive, no nothing, just genuine friendship between you two.

"Pansy will kill me for this you know." You joked.

"She can try, but you can take her." He stated making you laugh.

"Heh, thanks... I need to talk to Harry, I'll see you in the common rooms." You tell Draco.

"Okay." He said watching you go.

***********************************

You had a moment alone with Harry and asked.

"What was that letter about by the way?" You asked him.

"Sirius asking about Hogsmeade, like when it was next." Your mind raced and you missed him too but this was not happening.

"Uh-oh." You said.

"What?" Harry muttered.

"Nothing, I have to go." You said making your way to the dormitories.