Chapter twelve - Triwizard Champions

Y/n pov

You are nervous for the Halloween feast and as it happens the day the champions get picked. You sat at the Slytherin table waiting for the champions names to be called begging it wasn't Cedric.

"The goblet is almost ready to make a decision. Now when the champions names are called, I would ask them please to come up onto the top of the hall and over to the next chamber, where they'll be receiving their first instructions." Dumbldore said. The goblets fire than grew scarlet and shot out a piece of paper.

"The Durmstrang champion... will be; Victor Krum." Dumbledore announced. The goblet did the same once more.

"The champion for Beauxbatons, is Fleur Delacour." Dumbledore called and a girl with palatium blonde hair walked forward elegantly.

"The Hogwarts champion is, Cedric Diggory." Your heart sighed but you promised to support him

"Yeah Ced!" You shouted making him blush as he shook Dumbledore's hand and made his way to the chamber.

"Excellent! Well, now that we have our three champions, I'm sure I can count on each and every one of you to cheer on your champion... -" Dumbledore stopped, there was a crackle, the goblets flame grew red once more and two pieces of parchment flew out, he caught both, read them over carefully before looking up.. after a long pause he cleared his throat and read out –

"Y/n L/n and Harry potter." He said loudly making murmurs and gasps ring out.

Your mind broke, this can't be happening, this cant. You knew you had to go he did say t was a contract so you stood up and looked at Dumbledore his eyes not leaving you as you went to the champions room, Snapes expression was one you'd never scene before and you feared everything that was happening as Crouch and Bagman whispered harshly. Every fucking year something has to happen!!!???

You got down the stairs as quickly as possible.

"Ced?" You called out barley above a whisper, making the Hufflepuff turn around confused at the sound of your voice.

"Y/n... What are you doing down here?" He asks holding your arms.

"Ced I'm scared, I don't know what happened, it's like before, its all going wrong I don't know what's happening." You said hugging him.

"Calm down just tell me what happened." He said pulling you off of him.

"Someone put my name in the goblet." You told him quickly.

"What?" He asked.

"Ced I'm scared."  You muttered. You didn't know what to feel, you didn't know what was happening.

"It'll be okay. It'll all be okay." He said while hugging you, you tensed up at the footsteps coming and knew by now Harry was here too, you turned and Cedric had his hand on your shoulder ready to protect you.

"Extraordinary, lady and gentlemen may I introduce the fourth and fifth champions." Bagman said gesturing to you and Harry.

That's when chaos erupted, you moved from Cedric and moved beside Harry, knowing that you two being the odd ones out needed to get this fixed.

"Harry, did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"No." Harry answered.

"Did you ask an older student to do it for you?" Dumbledore said keeping his calm composure.

"No."

"And what of you Y/n?" You shook your head no.

"No. I wanted nothing to do with these games." You tell him.