51

Niall's POV:

"What happened darling boy?" I cooed as I opened the back seat, seeing Louis crying into his hands.

He didn't even react to me talking to him, just carried on sobbing quietly.

I unlatched his multiple seat belts quickly, pulling him out and cradling him into me.

He whimpered as I moved him, loosely wrapping an arm around my neck.

"Silly boy, you're okay! Are you just tired from your busy day?" I murmured into his ear, patting his back and bottom, and finding another reason for his tears.

"He's probably just a bit tired, and a bit overwhelmed Nialler" Liam suggested, pulling out a few of the bags, and Louis' teddy, from the car.

"Yeah, he's wet as well, gonna give him a change and put him down for a nap." I replied, brushing away a few of Louis' tears, which had thankfully slowed down, and hugging him closer.

Harry and Zayn pulled up as I started carrying Lou into the house, with the tree precariously balancing on top of their car.

"Daddy!" Louis whined as I carried him upstairs, moving his thumb into his mouth.

I tutted, replacing it with a spare pacifier that was on top of the bookcase, in the hallway upstairs. Very conveniently placed.

"You okay darling?" I asked, kissing his cheek as I walked into the nursery.

He'd considerably calmed down now, his eyes drooping already.

We were all slightly concerned about how tired he got, so easily, but the doctor has said with the mix of his medication he would be. Plus his apparently very young headspace definitely contributing.

I quickly whipped his clothes off, trying my best to soothe him as he wriggled around, whimpering, when I took his diaper off.

"I know darling, give me a minute, and we'll get you nice and warm again."

He looked on the verge of tears again, so I cleaned him up quickly, looking around for a new outfit for him.

By some miracle, Harry chose that moment to walk in, looking quite flustered, carrying no less than a bottle, book, onesie and blanket.

"Mind if I take over? I've missed my baby today." Harry grinned, helping me manoeuvre Louis into his new pajamas.

"Yeah go for it, thanks Haz!" I smiled, pecking his cheek as I sidestepped him and started clearing up a bit, making him blush as he shooed me out of his way.

"Hello my darling, you ready for another nap sleepy boy! Well you've had such a busy day my big boy" Harry cooed to him, and I watched as he gently picked him up and carried him to the rocking chair.

My heart melted seeing how gentle he was with Louis, wrapping him up in a blanket, propping him up slightly and giving him his bottle.

He didn't bother with a story, Louis was practically asleep anyway so there wasn't much point.

He looked so cute and innocent like this, completely trusting of us to look after him, and make him as happy as possible.

Which of course we would, after all, he was our little prince to protect.

AN: looks like Louis bday and Christmas may not be up ... until after his bday and Christmas 😂