12

Harry picked up a fast asleep Louis from the couch, grinning when he felt Louis cuddle further into him.

Harry was glad the boy had finally started to relax more around them, comfortable enough to cuddle with Niall and have his first bottle.

He walked into the nursery, gently placing Louis into the crib and covering him with a blanket. Harry tucked him in before placing a soft kiss on top of his forehead, quietly pulling up the bars of the crib as Louis slept peacefully.

He walked back to the living room to talk with the others, grabbing the baby monitor on the way and closing the door behind him.

Downstairs, Zayn was talking to Liam and Niall, and now Harry, about how upset Louis had been earlier.

"It's like obviously it was heartbreaking seeing him cry like that but I feel like he's made a big step today you know?" Zayn tried to explain.

"I know he's got a really long way to go, but he seems quite trusting of us already." Liam replied.

"We just need to keep him feeling safe and the rest will fall into place. He's not angry at us I don't think, more wary it seems" Harry agreed, Niall nodding his head at his words.

"How are we going to get him in his headspace? He's just so timid I think he'll have a hard time slipping." Zayn queried.

"Let's carry on as we are yeah? Maybe take him shopping so he can meet other littles, see how he's supposed to act?" Niall suggested.

"Yeah and I'll book him in for a check up in the next few days, make sure he's up to date with his shots, and maybe get his eye looked at." Harry announced.

The conversation wound down from there, with Harry going to make an appointment for Louis and the others watching the TV - Niall of course insisting on golf.