53

Louis POV:

Daddy kept talking and talking for ages, and then I looked and he left?

I looked but he wasn't there anymore, so I guess I have to finish the tree?

I must be the best at it, that's why they left me to put on all the pretty circles and stars!

It must be a game, whenever I finish they come back!

There was such a nice pink glittery one, and it would look so good next to the blue one! Then everybody can see it! I like pink, pretty pretty pretty.

"Owchie!" Something pointy on the pretty pink pricked my finger. So that was why daddy always made me hold it weird.

Wait where was daddy, he'd kiss it better!

Oh but they were waiting for me to finish the tree.

I can do it! Pink next to blue!

It's so so high, but if I stand on the chair?

Yep, and then if I just reach a bit more, it's so close! My tippy toes won't go any more, and the chairs not still, wait it's moving, I'm moving?

*CRASH*

Niall's POV:

Finally got the milk, Harry and Zayn refusing to go because they'd been out more than us today, and Liam declaring he had to organise everything.

Ah well, got myself some pizza on the way back so it's fine.

"Hey mates I'm back!" I declared, to the awfully quiet house. Strange.

"Helloooo?" I voiced into the empty hallway, making my way towards the kitchen, and living room, before hearing a massive bang, and a loud cry.

"Shit!" I swore, dropping the milk as I ran in, m heart sinking as I heard Louis' wailing cry.

"Oh my god my darling, ate you okay? You're fine you're fine, shit where is everyone?"

The living room looked as if a bomb had gone off, baubles broken and strewn all over the floor, a chair tipped over and the tree fallen sideways on the floor, next to a crying Louis.

"Liam!" I shouted loudly, making Louis flinch and start crying harder.

"No no don't cry you're okay, did you hurt yourself darling? Come here, daddies got you!" I cooed, desperately trying to get him to talk to me.

He seemed okay, I picked him up and checked him over, and there didn't seem to be any bruises or blood, but he was absolutely hysterical.

I'd never seen him so upset, and I was really worried he was injured, but I couldn't tell.

Liam chose that moment to come in thankfully, looking as stunned as I had, before he jumped straight into his overprotective helicopter parent mode.

"What the hell happened Niall?" He practically hissed at me, as if I had any idea.

"You tell me, why was nobody in here watching him?"

"Harry was watching him, I left him with Harry and Zayn."

Liam took Louis from me, brushing the hair and tears from his face and checking him over.

"Baby I'm just gonna put you down for a second and then we can have cuddles okay?" Liam told the boy, setting him down quickly.

I raised a questioning eyebrow which he rolled his eyes at.

"We need to check he's fine, did the tree fall on him?" Liam asked, which I shrugged at, not having any clue what had happened.

He seemed fine, apart from obviously being upset, putting his hands out to Liam, wanting a cuddle. Liam took a step back, making Louis walk straight up to him.

"He seems fine, if he'd hurt himself he wouldn't walk or be moving like this." Liam told me, scooping Louis up into a hug, cradling his body and shushing him gently.

"Where the hell are Harry and Zayn?" Liam muttered angrily, bouncing Louis on his hip and desperately trying to calm him.

I watched as Louis stiffened at Liams tone, crying harder.

"Here, you go find them, I've got him, you're scaring him Li!" I told him, taking Louis from his hold.

He nodded, clenching his jaw, walking off to find the two idiots who had apparently left him alone.

AN:

Hopefully I'll update again today, got the day off for once!

What does everyone think, poor Lou!